Battery terminals

Participant count
  • Participant list
Nothing wrong with aluminum. Your posts are most likely lead, unless you've got something better than the standard battery, (if they are, upgrade those too).

I'm not a fan of that design. I would rather have lugs on the end of my cables. It looks like you could do em under the screws, but you would have to leave the middle screw out to make room. It might just be the picture, I just don't think you're getting 1/0 next to each other on the next screw, and definitely not on 2/0. You will have 2 or 3 on the vehicle, and 2 or 3 on the amp.

Ground cables might be different. You should have at least two, and you don't usually do those one at a time, it's all or none, so not using lugs on those wouldn't be a bid deal.

If you do buy that, and plan on inserting bare wire, you're going to want to use ferrels on the end,
Amazon product ASIN B097ZNCKMZIf you don't use these, it will start losing strands every time you install and take it out. These will keep the shape, and won't damage the strands.

Personally, I'd look for something better though so I could just use lugs. (Lugs wont' ever fray).

Searched for a minute, here are my preferred styles: (Not sure how much room you have on top of where these will mount, but getting rid of those holes gives about another 1/4 - 1/2" of clearance if that matters).
Amazon product ASIN B0C9Q7ZTKN
Amazon product ASIN B07T9G2FZF
Amazon product ASIN B07TFHHKJD

I went and measured, and my smaller hole 1/0 lugs are 11/16" wide, and the larger hole lugs are 13/16" wide. My 4/0 lugs are 15/16" wide.

The one you posted is 1.57" wide, or 1 9/16", or 27/16 , or (2) 13.5/16".

Just guessing, looks like they would fit on the short width, but the longer length, just looks shorter in that picture. Considering you want to use 2/0. I think I would find something better.

I'd look at these if you posts

I'd look at these if you posts
I like the way these look. But whatever I do it has to be top post. My battery is on the driver side and right beside the air filter housing. So when I install then they will have to be turned to the side and on top of the battery. I also need to see what I am going to need to redo the wires on the original cables. They are just long enough for the shoddy terminals they use from the factory. Looks to be maybe 6ga.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...