Battery recommendations

Loud(ish)_Geo

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 18, 2020
Pennsylvania
I'm planning a complete overhaul of my power in my car and the last thing I need is a battery. I have a 900watt rms 3800watt max system and was hoping for 80+ah. Does anyone have any cheap alternatives to xs power I'm trying to be under $300

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
I'm planning a complete overhaul of my power in my car and the last thing I need is a battery. I have a 900watt rms 3800watt max system and was hoping for 80+ah. Does anyone have any cheap alternatives to xs power I'm trying to be under $300
I just picked up a die hard agm from advance auto this past weekend. That plus I upgraded my Big 3 with ofc wire. Seems to be doing the job so far.

Reactions: JakeW

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
If you have a sams club membership the Duracell platinum is extremely solid

JakeW

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2020
Thornton co
What size underhood can you fit? Is there any room in the back for an auxiliary as well? I as well upgraded to diehard agm, then put lithium in the back. Titan 8 pwr-s5

OP
Loud(ish)_Geo

Loud(ish)_Geo

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 18, 2020
Pennsylvania
What size underhood can you fit? Is there any room in the back for an auxiliary as well? I as well upgraded to diehard agm, then put lithium in the back. Titan 8 pwr-s5
According to AutoZone I can fit a group 35 and while I do have room for a battery in the trunk I'm trying to get away with just the one under the hood

JakeW

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2020
Thornton co
Do you also monitor voltage at your amp(s)? it’s very helpful, I had my 160a alternator modified into a 326a locally here in Denver, it now does 14.5-14.8 at idle

OP
Loud(ish)_Geo

Loud(ish)_Geo

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 18, 2020
Pennsylvania
Do you also monitor voltage at your amp(s)? it’s very helpful, I had my 160a alternator modified into a 326a locally here in Denver, it now does 14.5-14.8 at idle
Only gauge I have is a cigarette lighter one, but when I still had a cap I tested it again it and they had the same readouts

JakeW

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2020
Thornton co
Copy. I’ve never run with a cap, guess I’ve heard contradicting stories on them but nonetheless, a group 35 agm has only about 55ah.

Popwarhomie

10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
For 900 watts rms you shouldn't need anything.

Popwarhomie

10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Titan LTO can be used with AGM but that is pointless for 900 watts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Latest classifieds