Basic questions

Hondafreak

CarAudio.com Newbie
So let me start this thread off by saying if this is in the wrong section please have it be moved.

first off I have a 3200 watt hifonics amp and 2 evl 12 skars with a large spl qbomb box.
Im in a 2008 Honda Civic I’m running stock alt with no batts. So my problem is I feel like I can get more out of these mas. I paid a **** ton for my set up (or at least for me) and I’m sure these can do more I always feel like it can push harder. The results are good but don’t leave me satisfied like I know they should. I have regular off brand 0gauge wire. When I talk to the people at my local audio shop they told me I would be fine with no extra batteries or another alt so I had them install my system for 100$. I had them install my ct audio bass knob with a voltage meter on it. So let’s get straight to the point I lm bumping hard but it never feels satisfying. My meter shows 10v they told me not to worry sometimes the bass sounds like it’s clipping I’ve messed with the tuning on the amp I got it to where I like it but still the results are satisfying. And I know for a face these speakers can do better. Before I make another stupid mistake what could be causing the problem? I should be able to feel these in my chest keep in mind I have 2 d4 wired @1ohm the light do dim a lot and the light on the hifonics amp dims too do I need more power altnator or batteries I don’t know what to do? Please help

10 volts??? That is horribly low voltage. It takes power to make power. You need to upgrade your electrical or turn the gain down.
Upgrade my electrical how? I have my amp set to 12 volts on a hifonics 3200 dose that need to be lower but even then when I got it straight out the shop it was hitting 10 volts but they had it set differently with the gain high I turn the volts up and the gain down it doesn’t hit as hard when I put the volts down I seriously need some help I don’t want this system to go to waste

Upgrade my electrical how? I have my amp set to 12 volts on a hifonics 3200 dose that need to be lower but even then when I got it straight out the shop it was hitting 10 volts but they had it set differently with the gain high I turn the volts up and the gain down it doesn’t hit as hard when I put the volts down I seriously need some help I don’t want this system to go to waste

How do you set an amp to 12 volts?

10 volts is going to either destroy the amp or clip your subwoofers to death.

You need to add batteries and/or an HO alternator.

How do you set an amp to 12 volts?

10 volts is going to either destroy the amp or clip your subwoofers to death.

You need to add batteries and/or an HO alternator.
That’s what I needed to know I don’t want to waste anymore money I’m pretty newbie at this but I know what good bass sounds like I appreciate your comments seriously

That’s what I needed to know I don’t want to waste anymore money I’m pretty newbie at this but I know what good bass sounds like I appreciate your comments seriously
Also when I push the subs in they don’t even feel “broken in” it’s been over 6 months since I got them I’m just trying to plan my next move carefully

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.