Bama's build

depends on the subs you used. Just a general minimum(note minimum + proper bracing) ballpark, Any sub weight total over 60lbs is double baffle, 120lbs triple, 240lbs quadruple.
Not baffle but more of top, bottom and sides
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not baffle but more of top, bottom and sides
If you have a lot of money and want an empty chamber then do more layers. If not, you can literally get away with one layer with plenty of dowel bracing or two layers if its a 10k rms + build note, proper bracing is very important.

If you have a lot of money and want an empty chamber then do more layers. If not, you can literally get away with one layer with plenty of dowel bracing or two layers if its a 10k rms + build note, proper bracing is very important.
Ok I was hoping 2 layers would be enough with bracing

Ok I was hoping 2 layers would be enough with bracing
If you frame with 2x4 you could do 2 layers but 3/4 wood you can do 2 layers all around with 45's cut for edges.
This will guide most of the pressure towards the port with less impact on the walls.

Internal bracing is still needed specially on front baffle because of the sub motor force.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Been slacking on progress getting off with it already dark and getting cold but I got a little bit done. Still have some bracing to do on the one side, going to run 2x4's down the outside and brace them to the side, hopefully I'll get that and the other side done tomorrow.
dc94bc4882886035ed5aa5c239454899.jpg

Subs are still undecided and I keep flip flopping on what to do but I need to make a decision with all the deals going on this weekend, rough measurements are giving me about 50 cubes to work with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.