Bama's build

bamaman

Senior VIP Member
I just bought a 01 gmc yukon for an audio build, the exterior is pretty decent for it's age but the interior is trash, back seats are gone, carpet has to go, door panels are broken, etc..., but it runs great so I was fine with everything else considering I'm taking most of that out anyway. I have not purchased any audio other than a 80prs I got local for a steal, the other things I'm pretty locked on to is a 370a alt from ces and using eb flex for wiring. This will be my first walled build and I will take any advice and direction. I am going to take my time and not rush but would like to be done around March or April but if not oh well as long as it gets done right.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just bought a 01 gmc yukon for an audio build, the exterior is pretty decent for it's age but the interior is trash, back seats are gone, carpet has to go, door panels are broken, etc..., but it runs great so I was fine with everything else considering I'm taking most of that out anyway. I have not purchased any audio other than a 80prs I got local for a steal, the other things I'm pretty locked on to is a 370a alt from ces and using eb flex for wiring. This will be my first walled build and I will take any advice and direction. I am going to take my time and not rush but would like to be done around March or April but if not oh well as long as it gets done right.
Best advice ever is run all wire passenger thru firewall, and use stock secondary tray for second battery lol.
Will make life easy.

Id love pics when you do your build as im yet to work on my tahoe yet.

Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk

Yeah I was wondering about if there was going to be enough room to run through or if I was going to have to run under. Pics will be coming I plan on doing some stripping this weekend or maybe a little through the week, I have a friend with a 04 Tahoe that he is taking the motor out of said I can take all the interior I want so I'm going to take advantage of that.

Yeah I was wondering about if there was going to be enough room to run through or if I was going to have to run under. Pics will be coming I plan on doing some stripping this weekend or maybe a little through the week, I have a friend with a 04 Tahoe that he is taking the motor out of said I can take all the interior I want so I'm going to take advantage of that.
Sounds good, but might as well leave headliner out as you will wanna cut it before the dome light to fully seal the wall to the roof.

Yeah I'm not going to bother with it, just really need front seats, carpet(just front section), and door panels which I'm going to try to glass.

Got a little bit done after work, forgot my socket set at work so I just removed what would pop out.
551983be08184fe68572216485b2340c.jpg

Planing on pulling the front seats and carpet today or tomorrow would it be a good idea to lay some deadner down, if so how much coverage?

Planing on pulling the front seats and carpet today or tomorrow would it be a good idea to lay some deadner down, if so how much coverage?
Cover the foot area and transmission hump, anything after where you will have the wall as the floor of the wall will not need deaden.

I forgot about needing deadner so I'll have to order some and pull the seats on mine later but I can strip the donor seats and carpet out, also going to take dash and vents, seems like a ton to do but one step at a time, I still need to figure out what subs to run

back seats are gone, carpet has to go, door panels are broken, etc...
Wall build is your only sensible option. Plenty of good examples of what not to do posted here in the last year or two.

My advice. Build everything way more solid than you think it'll need to be. Build box and port bigger than you think you'll need (it's way easier to make things smaller than larger after the glue is dried) and you likely won't wind up with as much space as you think you have once everything is in. Lastly come up with a plan to be able to easily lengthen or shrink the port. It is more likely than not you'll want to tweak the tuning once it's all together and you get a little testing in, so make sure it'll be something you can do without a huge hassle.

Ok, yeah I don't plan on building this 4 or 5 times, like I said I'm taking my time on the build, I'm doing research and going to ask plenty of questions and follow directions.

Like the deadner any suggestions, I have soundqubed in my truck it worked ok but I'm up for anything.

Ok, yeah I don't plan on building this 4 or 5 times, like I said I'm taking my time on the build, I'm doing research and going to ask plenty of questions and follow directions.
Like the deadner any suggestions, I have soundqubed in my truck it worked ok but I'm up for anything.

SDS. takes 1/2 the material excellent adhesive good guys..

Knukonceptz 80 mil worked very good for me on my sierra

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.