Areo or slot

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
You do not. Though it shouldn't matter. The only reason you would want to worry about that is if some subs were mounted inverted and others not. It is often worth trying reversing polarity of subs regardless though just to see which phase blends better at crossover point to the mids. Normally there will be little audible difference.

That said, at least one of the chucklefucks here has never even built a box in their life. 7 cube isn't too out of the ordinary per 15" sub. You will gain more output and efficiency from going with a big box (at a point you hit diminishing returns) but you will need to be mindful of hitting mechanical limits of your subs. If you know your subs perform well in a large box I don't see a problem.

Similarly with ports, you will always gain from a larger port though there also you hit diminishing returns and eventually hit physical impossibilities. Round port is most efficient, and flared edges also add efficiency, but rectangular or some other shape may seem more practical when you start putting things together. Provided you follow the fundamentals of port design it shouldn't be terribly dramatic which way you go.
You're right knuckle dikk, I built the whole back seat. Nice try. Sorry, @Caliboy916 this guy likes to ba a D-bag to me.

20210312_142447.jpg
20200403_183647.jpg
20210412_135232.jpg

Caliboy916

CarAudio.com Recruit
Apr 11, 2021
California
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Reactions: Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
Built one box. Well that makes you an authority. Carry on then.

I have never had good luck with multiple small ports. I see some guys do well with them but it has never done well for me. If you don't own the ports already you may reconsider.
Built multiple boxes. Nice try again. Why are you so worried about how many boxes that I've built? You have some fascination with me for some reason, creepy!

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 19, 2017
Az
So much fail in this thread. The one guy giving solid advice is acutually super knowledgeable and debating with a self professed genius or something.
As far as my advice goes stay off this toxic thread and let happen whatever happens.

• Dislike

Caliboy916

CarAudio.com Recruit
Apr 11, 2021
California
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So much fail in this thread. The one guy giving solid advice is acutually super knowledgeable and debating with a self professed genius or something.
As far as my advice goes stay off this toxic thread and let happen whatever happens.
It dont bother me at all I just scroll past any negativity

• Haha
Reactions: shredder2

metalheadjoe

10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
ND
You do not. Though it shouldn't matter. The only reason you would want to worry about that is if some subs were mounted inverted and others not. It is often worth trying reversing polarity of subs regardless though just to see which phase blends better at crossover point to the mids. Normally there will be little audible difference.

That said, at least one of the chucklefucks here has never even built a box in their life. 7 cube isn't too out of the ordinary per 15" sub. You will gain more output and efficiency from going with a big box (at a point you hit diminishing returns) but you will need to be mindful of hitting mechanical limits of your subs. If you know your subs perform well in a large box I don't see a problem.

Similarly with ports, you will always gain from a larger port though there also you hit diminishing returns and eventually hit physical impossibilities. Round port is most efficient, and flared edges also add efficiency, but rectangular or some other shape may seem more practical when you start putting things together. Provided you follow the fundamentals of port design it shouldn't be terribly dramatic which way you go.
^^ This guy doesn't chime in too much, but when he does, it's worth listening to.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
Do you want to start shit also? I've been talking to the guy since last night. Now, you guys want to come in and immediate start talking shitt. I even told him to contact you and Buck. Wtf? I already told him that I wasn't a box building genius. I don't get it. I actually gave you a compliment to the OP, yet, you still have to start shit with me. We can do this all night, it's up to you. Your move "keyboard warrior". Sorry OP, I'm fukking tired of these guys riding my jock.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
Yeah i got drunk again. Thanks for the welcome.
I've been talking to the OP since last night and everything was perfectly fine. I even recommended Shredder and Buck to him. But, HLSPLS and Shredder had to pop in and start talking shitt about me. I don't get it. I guess that they want beef. It might be a long night.

Screenshot_20210410-003450_Chrome.jpg

metalheadjoe

10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
ND
I've been talking to the OP since last night and everything was perfectly fine. I even recommended Shredder and Buck to him. But, HLSPLS and Shredder had to pop in and start talking shitt about me. I don't get it. I guess that they want beef. It might be a long night.

View attachment 27924
On the internet, the first one to get mad loses. It's also impossible to know their tone. You should always read posts optimistically. Sounds dumb but i find it helpful.

Reactions: Kickstand

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 19, 2017
Az
Do you want to start shit also? I've been talking to the guy since last night. Now, you guys want to come in and immediate start talking shitt. I even told him to contact you and Buck. Wtf? I already told him that I wasn't a box building genius. I don't get it. I actually gave you a compliment to the OP, yet, you still have to start shit with me. We can do this all night, it's up to you. Your move "keyboard warrior". Sorry OP, I'm fukking tired of these guys riding my jock.
❄

• Dislike

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
On the internet, the first one to get mad loses. It's also impossible to know their tone. You should always read posts optimistically. Sounds dumb but i find it helpful.
And, they are the first ones to get mad. That's why they start with the name calling. I'm not going to kiss anybody's ass or back down from anybody. I don't roll like that. They are the pusssies that have to call people names. Keyboard warriors. I even gave Shredder a compliment and he still started shitt. Fukk that. How are you supposed to read posts optimistically when you are being called names? I'm not going anywhere. I'll stand up for myself every time.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
You had to start shit, you couldn't help yourself.
Apart from the part where you suggested OP reach out to Buck or Shredder your """advice""" here has been poor and based on zero real world experience.

Some dude you know drops 30,000$ into equipment into some 4th order and breaks 160dB and now you're convinced that 4th order bandpass is why he's that loud and that 4th order is the silver bullet for anybody to get loud. You come right out the gate telling OP that 14 cube for a pair of 15s is too large when you have never seen his subs, never looked at specs of manufacturer recommendations, nor build a large box yourself. Then you give port advice when it is likely you have never built a box and tested several different ports for comparison, nor read the Salvatti white papers which is the definitive resource on port design.

4th order is crap most of the time. If you want a decent flat/musical response you are approaching sealed box efficiency. There are very few good applications for that alignment and modelling the subs first is critical to know what you can even accomplish.

Anyway, just quit chiming in on stuff you have no experience with and don't understand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds