Single 12 4th order box

Jerm1986$

CarAudio.com Newbie
Apr 14, 2021
This is my first bandpass box to build. Ive built many ported and sealed boxes. Im looking for some tuning help for a single Skar EVL 12 D2 in a 99 4runner.

Jerm1986$

CarAudio.com Newbie
Apr 14, 2021
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a Skar RP 1500.1 pushing the 12 and a Skar 400.4 running the 4 door 6.5s, a pair of Skar 8" mid range speakers and 3 sets of bullet tweeters. Im just looking for advice on building the 4th order box to have a nice deep sound.

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 19, 2017
Az
I have a Skar RP 1500.1 pushing the 12 and a Skar 400.4 running the 4 door 6.5s, a pair of Skar 8" mid range speakers and 3 sets of bullet tweeters. Im just looking for advice on building the 4th order box to have a nice deep sound.
I'm curious Op... many ported boxes built and you never got good lows out of them?
I had a set of Evl-12's and they went plenty low. Designed a bunch too. Maybe its the tuning you had?
Those Evls do pretty good tuned low, and I've never had a complaint regarding a low tuned ported for those. I had a 31hz tuned and it dug into the mid-low 20's. And played those notes with nice authority.

Jerm1986$

CarAudio.com Newbie
Apr 14, 2021
I'm curious Op... many ported boxes built and you never got good lows out of them?
I had a set of Evl-12's and they went plenty low. Designed a bunch too. Maybe its the tuning you had?
Those Evls do pretty good tuned low, and I've never had a complaint regarding a low tuned ported for those. I had a 31hz tuned and it dug into the mid-low 20's. And played those notes with nice authority.
Oh yeah all of the ported boxes I've built have slammed great. The reason for me building a bandpass box this time is cause I don't want anything to poke a hole in my sub. I have tools that will be riding behind the box so I wanna build it where it's safe inside the box.

Jerm1986$

CarAudio.com Newbie
Apr 14, 2021
I'm sorry for leaving that main detail out of why I am going with a bandpass instead of a ported box.

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 19, 2017
Az
Oh yeah all of the ported boxes I've built have slammed great. The reason for me building a bandpass box this time is cause I don't want anything to poke a hole in my sub. I have tools that will be riding behind the box so I wanna build it where it's safe inside the box.
Makes sense. I'd do a 2:1 4th tuned a touch low like 44-45hz. Whats the width and seat/windowline height you got?

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 19, 2017
Az
I'm not sure that the sub access will be where you think it'll be.. I drew something up and its the end cap for sub access. The magnet is in the vented section so maybe put it there if you want a window?

PM me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds