Areo or slot

Caliboy916

CarAudio.com Recruit
I've done slot ports before just kind of built them on a whim..I want to use the areoports this time..im running 2 td415 and a hifonics bxx4000 class d amp.box will be about 14 cf..what size aeroport would I need for this application...Any advice would help

14 cubes?....please tell me it's bandpass slide in wall or something
It's a blow thru box size is 46.5 w 17 h 36 deep
.my last box was a slot port that was 6 inch wide at tall about 26 deep on a 2500 hifonics...moving up to a bxx 4000 but wanted to try something different just not sure if I'm moving in the right direction with the areoports

I've done slot ports before just kind of built them on a whim..I want to use the areoports this time..im running 2 td415 and a hifonics bxx4000 class d amp.box will be about 14 cf..what size aeroport would I need for this application...Any advice would help

Who designed your box? What is the thought process of such a big box? Why not add a 3rd fifteen to all those cubes? Look at this website.
http://www.mobileinformationlabs.com/HowTo-1Woofer-Box-CAL Port lenth 1.htm

Last edited:
I built a box for 4 15's but couldn't get the bass I wanted so I took it out going back to 2 with a big box...had 2 15's in there before with 6 cf per woofer and it was banging like crazy with a 2500 hifonucs...jumping up to a 4000 but wanted to test the areoports...I only have 10inches in between woofers if I face them foward...would need to show pics to better understand

I built a box for 4 15's but couldn't get the bass I wanted so I took it out going back to 2 with a big box...had 2 15's in there before with 6 cf per woofer and it was banging like crazy with a 2500 hifonucs...jumping up to a 4000 but wanted to test the areoports...I only have 10inches in between woofers if I face them foward...would need to show pics to better understand

Port to the side if you can. I think 2-8" or 1-12" would work for you.

My opening is smaller then my box that's why this build has been a lil challenging...let me see if I can find a pic of my old box

Something like this is probably what you need.

Screenshot_20210411-232937_Pinterest.jpg

I seen that was wondering the dimensions of a box like that

I'm no box guru. You should hit up @Buck or @shredder2
They are both geniuses in all aspects of box building. That box with the 15's facing each other doesn't make sense to me. It looks like they would be blocking the port when they were playing. A four 15" 4th order blow through would probably tear your truck up. But, you might need a 8K or 10K to properly power them. And, your electrical would have to be on point as well.

I'm no box guru. You should hit up @Buck or @shredder2
They are both geniuses in all aspects of box building. That box with the 15's facing each other doesn't make sense to me. It looks like they would be blocking the port when they were playing. A four 15" 4th order blow through would probably tear your truck up. But, you might need a 8K or 10K to properly power them. And, your electrical would have to be on point as well.
I have 2 bxxx 4000 to power all 4 woofers...I got the power to push it all..had to wire them up reverse polarity but just didn't have the air space to get low hrz....I could only go 54 deep.because of my fuel neck.hose so I'm limited to space with 5 amps and 4 batteries in the bed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.