Are you able to help me out ??

Hahaha ya I saw that but he could sell them easy... and Actually your thinking of the CVX not R
aw i saw 800rms and just assumed.

OP(op means original poster i belive lol but im talking to you who post this thread)- you need to watch this, it will explain it all

Haha sorry rheres so many acronyms I forgot about hu I feel hella dumb but what's wrong with the kickers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif(

Haha sorry rheres so many acronyms I forgot about hu I feel hella dumb but what's wrong with the kickers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif(
They will get loud in the right box but dont expect them to sound good... In a prefab like you have though your not gunna get either...

Does it really make that big of a difference? I can't fork out money for a box that's gonna have extra insulation thats considered custom to make me pay more

When I seen your thread title I thought probably not, but I might learn something. There is ALOT more to car audio than putting subs in a box and getting an amp. There are alot of good guys on here that will give you sound advice. So if u have an aftermarket hu it will have a wire for the remote, they tend to be blue. If not you need to find another power source that is on ONLY when the car is on, the remote wire only pulls a tiny amount of current through it so you just need a line that is only getting power when the car is on and the amp will only be on when the car is on.

Fwiw: I second the KNU amp kit. And because your battery is in the trunk you will have a shorter run than most, this means that you can use a smaller wire. There is no advantage to using 0 gauge wire in your case.

I wish all cars had batteries in the trunk - it would make installs so much easier!

get a kolossus flex 4 gauge amp kit from knukonceptz.com thats what i run and u can tie knots with that S***. i had more than enough wire to run in my civic too. Its a little more expensive but i thought it was well worth it when i was running it throughout the car.

And are you wondering bout the fuse that you just hook onto the 12v by the batt?

Welcome to the forum. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Essentially you can decide (roughly) what gauge power wire based on how much power you're planning to run. I'm honestly not sure what is recommended for 800W - offhand I'd think 4 gauge is cutting it a little close. Something else to consider is if you think you'll ever upgrade - it's often a better idea to start with bigger wire so you have room to add more power later.

Choosing the gauge for the speaker wire can be decided the same way - how much power is going through it. I've run 100 through 16 gauge fine, 200 through 14 gauge fine... let us know how you're setting things up and then we can help determine these things.

The gauge for the remote wire does not matter much at all - the amount of current going through it is extremely small. I've used 22 gauge remote wire before with no problems.

If you buy an amp install kit like that one you described, the fuseholder is always included, and putting it on the power wire is quite self-explanatory. If you end up needing help you can ask on here and anyone will help you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thats a negative ghost rider, I run ~1300RMS through 4ga currently with stock everything. No dimming or any issues. Grant it my stock alt is 180amps. And go with the KNU, best out there for the price.

haha before we ge off topic im already sure what wiring kit im gonna need my only questions are can i post a pic of my head unit when i take it out and u guys give me instructions? and whats the difference in a custom box

What do you have them in right now? The Kicker box? The one with the big *** 7" port? That box will get really loud. But not a whole lot more. If that's all you care about (and that's not a knock) than you should be cool.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.