Power before getting alternative power source?

Participant count
  • Participant list
id recommend one good secondary batt to start with but a bigger alt will also help.i personally run 2 120ah batts plus my factory 55ah batt on 2500w with big three and 0gauge all around factory 135amp alt

What specs should I look for if I am just trying to power the 2000w amp? I mean common sense tells me to get something like a Kinetik KHC2000 but if I could get away with a cheaper battery. I know this is not a cheap hobby but there has to be entry level or budget oriented gear with a rep for quality. Thanks again fellas.

well start by finding what amp your factory alt is go online to like autozone or advanced auto

put your car info in and search alternators should tell u the amperage of it I.was running

a kicker 1500.1 and a rockford 400-2 with factory alt.. 0 gauge, big 3 and a kinetik 1400 with

no issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.