Are you able to help me out ??

Knu is top of the line, i didnt know they had kits on ebay thats awesome. Although i belive the amp you ordered will only accept up to 4gauge wire, u can just trim down your 0 gauge to fit. Just thought ide mention it
The kits I linked I believe are both 4 gauge - albeit their 4 gauge is actually 2.97... soooo it's pretty large and might require trimming anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Haha ok so I can definitely afford the second one if that's the best quality and its totally reasonable im psyched! Theres only one more thing... I know im gonna sound stupid for this but the specifications always confuse me when i read them so im double checking that it comes with absolutely everything i need to wire it and has the fuse on the power so i don't have to worry about a surge or anything right! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That is correct - it comes with

4 ga Power wire with fuseholder and fuse for battery to amp

4 ga Ground wire for amp to ground

12 ga speaker wire for amp to sub

RCA cables with remote wire attached (very handy) for amp to head unit

Big Terminals for power and ground wires

Wire ties and wire loom (which is nice)

The only thing left is figuring out how to crimp the big terminals onto the 4 ga wire. people do it a number of ways - I've used vices and hammers and stuff cuz I'm too cheap to buy the proper (somewhat expensive) tool. On the whole these methods have worked well for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Haha awesome! Ill be buying this fast then! Thank you guys for all your help it is very appreciated and all the fast replies! Ill keep you updated once the package arives and put up some pics of the finished product //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Lol it is a 4g input, but different brands have a different thickness shields. Since 4g is the max over all size, the size of the wire depends on how think the shield around it is.

But it will prob fit without trimming. Dont worrie its honestly the best kit you could go with, plus thoughs knu RCAs are really good too

Ha yes it is - most good audio companies who say their wire is 4 ga, if you actually measure it, it will record as larger than 4 ga. This is good and is done so that their wire can handle more current than their competitors and can look sexier.

Crimping a terminal onto a wire is the process of smushing the metal terminal onto the copper wire to attach the two. Here is a picture showing the process of crimping a small connector onto a small wire.

bc6.jpg

edit: omG I've committed a crime //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/bc6.jpg

Ok now im SUPER confused //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif What the hella am i trying to make it fit onto again!??!

Ok now im SUPER confused //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif What the hella am i trying to make it fit onto again!??!
lol ok. The power and ground terminal on your amp has a max of 4g, the wire is of high quailty so its possibly there may be some slight trimming after u cut the sheild off. BUt i dont think so, honestly just order the kit and the amp instructions will get you threw the rest. Any more questions just post em up man.

Its like put post A into slot B type of stuff man, its not hard trust me lol

Ohhh ok thats what i thought because i know my amp just screws up to fit in the terminals but are u sayin it might be too wide to fit in it

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

and shame on you for theft -__________- i cant believe i trusted you

If it ends up being a little too thick to fit in the amp wire hole thing, you just take the wire cutters you used to cut the wire to length and cut down a little bit onto the wire to cut off some of the outer strands, thereby making that part of the wire a little thinner. Once you get to it it's quite self-explanatory. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

edit: lol

Yea no i totally get it now haha i feel so dumb for not but I jus tthought of another question...I remember reading about how this dudes amp was draining his power at night and theres a way to wire it so only your amp comes on when your cars on? how do i do this?

you REMOTE wire that leads to your amp. If you have an after market HU then theres a REMOTE wires on the harness for it. If u have a stock HU u need to tie it into a wire that is only hot when the cars on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.