Are Entry-Level DSPs Any Good?

Settle down, you're talking to someone who has hands on experience with likely nearly every programmable DSP sold currently.
Oh my bad did I initially quote one of your responses? Grown ups can respond for themselves. Never commented on his expertise with dsp and don’t doubt it. Simply stated his long ass pontification didn’t bring additional insight or address op’s concerns/ask/current gear.

Prior responses advised ditching the passives, move each front separate to the four channel, and ditching the coaxials (he’s got the jl 4 channel and spending $$ on another amp for the sake of connecting rear 2 ways isn’t going to improve his sound)

go ahead...please advocate that getting a dsp and staying on passive crossovers in his scenario (or any scenario) makes sense.

what vehicle?

how do you have it all setup now? xover points, slopes etc? and where did you install the tweets etc? how did you set your amp gains? you runnin the mains active off the deck or amp or passive off the JL xovers?

using any sound deadener?

go ahead...please advocate that getting a dsp and staying on passive crossovers in his scenario (or any scenario) makes sense.

Thank you, I will. Remember that a typical programmable DSP offers a set of tools. Channel level controls, delays, individual channel EQ, polarity control, altogether surpass what nearly every aftermarket head unit has to offer. Considering how often the head unit is no longer replaced a DSP is even more useful to achieve better tonality and improved imaging, regardless of the presence of passive crossovers.

Thank you, I will. Remember that a typical programmable DSP offers a set of tools. Channel level controls, delays, individual channel EQ, polarity control, altogether surpass what nearly every aftermarket head unit has to offer. Considering how often the head unit is no longer replaced a DSP is even more useful to achieve better tonality and improved imaging, regardless of the presence of passive crossovers.
Dude! Surely your not this committed to your stance for the sake of being stubborn. You’ve twice now missed content op provided in his post. He has an aftermarket unit...with good signal....the tuning and filtering capability is lacking on his model. He gets a dsp gains better tuneability and increases output where it counts by putting the crossover on the shelf and moving four channels of amplified power to the front.

Dude! Surely your not this committed to your stance for the sake of being stubborn. You’ve twice now missed content op provided in his post. He has an aftermarket unit...with good signal....the tuning and filtering capability is lacking on his model. He gets a dsp gains better tuneability and increases output where it counts by putting the crossover on the shelf and moving four channels of amplified power to the front.
So let me get this straight.. you dont think its worth it for him to get a DSP unless he ditches his passive crossovers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.