Equipment Choices

Your amp is 400 watts rms at 2ohms. That should be enough to get them moving. Also, Rockville products are CEA2006 compliant, meaning that ratings are true. Your subs may be 4ohm, therefore cutting the wattage by half. Check their resistance.

Sedan or Hatch? Could be wired incorrectly, or in the wrong box. Or... if all of that is ok, you may be expecting too much from what you have, though I'd venture to say something is not right.

did you replace the radio for rca outs or use line output? or god forbid just shoved speaker wire into the rca input I saw an installation tutorial on the mtx subs where they did that and I was horrified.

post pics of the installation if possible. check that your grounded in a good place and it's tight onto body. make sure your low pass filter is around 80hz. and your subsonic is no higher than 25hz. no bass boost. try setting the gain till mono output is at 24v.

verify final impedance of the box is 2 ohms with a multi-meter.

if you're using a stock radio. It could be killing your sub frequencies.

Other than that. you might be expecting too much from those.

or god forbid just shoved speaker wire into the rca input I saw an installation tutorial on the mtx subs where they did that and I was horrified.
Lol, I did that several times! I was a noob and had zero sound issues. Another thing I did was on my first 3way setup. I put a passive crossover after the radio, and then wired 3 amps behind that. I was so proud. I became the go-to installer if the older kids after they witnessed my professional setup. Bruh! *high fives self*

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.