Are Alpine Type R's an okay setup?

The Alpine Type R speakers get loud, sound pretty good. I am not, however, a fan of their components.

The 12" Subs will be fine, as long as you PORT THEM and send them a solid 1000-1200w rms for the set.

My opinion is to get the subs and hold them, they're fine, but to consider a different set of Components.

Edit - what other components have you ever heard, if any?

ive got 2 10inch type r's in 3.8 cubes at 32h and it sounds very nice +im only a town away from you ill let you check it out somtime

Hey man yea deff. ill have to check it out some time.

And for other components i was looking at some kickers,but im not honestly sure.

Any suggestions for mids?

R's are a very good sub for the money. and they can get loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

In my next setup, I am going to be running 2 12" R's on a Hifonics BXi2608D. It is an over-rated amp, so I hope to get ~2,000-2,200 watts rms out of it.

I know a couple guys that have R's, and they get very loud, and sound decent doing it.

I'm running a pair of them as I write. I'm pushing 2 12's w/a pdx1000.1,slot-ported enclosure.Also to help them out-150x4 pdx amp pushing 2 pair 6.5" R' co-ax's,and one set of components-type "R"-6.5"and the head unit-9847 Alpine.They do very well.All Alpine system for the moment--had some 12w6's in there ,I still have them and their vented box[they weren't cheap].Those subs do very well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.