Are Alpine Type R's an okay setup?

preference....I do not consider it a hummer, nor an off road vehicle (which is what hummers are supposed to be IMO).

to me, it looks more like a woman's vehicle:rolleyes:

you want a hummer, then go get an h1
Actually, the new v-8 powered H3's aren't bad. They are no H1 for off-road prowess, but they dont cost 100k+ either.

womans vehicle? this coming from a guy driving an 11 year old passport which is just a shitty Isuzu....douchebag

if you want respect, get yourself a better car

preference....I do not consider it a hummer, nor an off road vehicle (which is what hummers are supposed to be IMO).

dude dont hate on the H3, if anything that thing is WORSE than the H2... sure its still not a man's hummer, but most poeple driving H1's looks like idiots becuase no one really needs one.

H2 is basically a beefed up tahoe..

If you want some legit offroad ability, look at range rovers, you would be amazed at what some people have gotten them to do.

And yes, R's are pretty decent subs

dude dont hate on the H3, if anything that thing is WORSE than the H2... sure its still not a man's hummer, but most poeple driving H1's looks like idiots becuase no one really needs one.
H2 is basically a beefed up tahoe..

If you want some legit offroad ability, look at range rovers, you would be amazed at what some people have gotten them to do.

And yes, R's are pretty decent subs
I have an H1, my g/f has a range rover. When we go off roading, which one do you think we take?

Oh, but its nice to know I look like an idiot driving mine because I dont need it.

You look like an idiot when you say something.

womans vehicle? this coming from a guy driving an 11 year old passport which is just a shitty Isuzu....douchebag
if you want respect, get yourself a better car
listen here duchetardfeg......i drive the passport because it is cheap on gas compared to all the other suv's and can be beat up offroad without hurting my wallet.....I have pulled h2's and h3's out of situations the passport glides through!!!

I have an onroad toy, offroad toy and gas saver.....3 vehicles! you want respect quit trying to be an e-thug! I have never asked for respect...***

O....and WTF are you paying for ATM....I have college, payments on my motorcycle(soon to be), and insurance on 2(soon to be 3) vehicles.

I have an H1, my g/f has a range rover. When we go off roading, which one do you think we take?
Oh, but its nice to know I look like an idiot driving mine because I dont need it.

You look like an idiot when you say something.
D@mn..... If I had an H1 and a range, I would be taking them both out!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i like the type R's that i had (which are for sell by the way). but i had them in a sealed box. Do a ported box and you will be much happier, especially in a suv.....

In my next setup, I am going to be running 2 12" R's on a Hifonics BXi2608D. It is an over-rated amp, so I hope to get ~2,000-2,200 watts rms out of it. I know a couple guys that have R's, and they get very loud, and sound decent doing it.

that amp and subs is a perfect combination in a box no larger than 2 cubes net per sub. i used to run 4 bxi2607d's. they will do rated at 14.4

I work for local city council, have my own house, and 2 vehicles and about to buy a bike. everything but the house is paid off. thank you very much

my daily driver, easy on gas, 2007 and like i said PAID OFF

088-1.jpg

Here is the money pit and constantly working on various toys. i picked this up a few months ago and sold off my 53 pickup to a fellow club member

this was a shot for a charity show we have oming up

Nate2.jpg

about to pick up this bike from my brother in the next few weeks, thats another $5K, i also go to college which i have to pay for since i make too much to get financial aid and I am over 25, and insurance is not too bad. I cant get full coverage on the '27, but because of its Roadster status i have to pay about $70 a month.

StangAnton010.jpg

not only do i have to work, pay insurance, school, and a house...i have to pay more taxes than you do. i make decent cash at work, but i also flip a house from time to time. its a bad market so me and the wife try to stick to one a year.

i can get pics of one of the recent properties we have been working on. BTW the misses has a $60K /year physical therapy job. she has her stuff and i have mine. i would have more if i could dip into her cash

listen here duchetardfeg......i drive the passport because it is cheap on gas compared to all the other suv's and can be beat up offroad without hurting my wallet.....I have pulled h2's and h3's out of situations the passport glides through!!!
I have an onroad toy, offroad toy and gas saver.....3 vehicles! you want respect quit trying to be an e-thug! I have never asked for respect...***

O....and WTF are you paying for ATM....I have college, payments on my motorcycle(soon to be), and insurance on 2(soon to be 3) vehicles.

x10000000000000000000000 theres nothing like the original hummer h1! those are the real badasses!!!!!! sad thing is most h2/h3 owners doesnt even know what an H1 is!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

but to the op the type R can get Extremely loud! look up mark potts he was doing over an 150 on the TL! playing music just using 2 type r 12's!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.