SecondSkin VS Raaamat VS Spectrum

aaron7114
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Arkansas
my roof is flexing like crazy in my rodeo. You can hear the metal bending from inside the vehicle. its crazy. So I have to get some kind of sound deadner above my headliner.

I measured and I'm going to need around 32 sq ft of deadner.

40 sq ft of secondskin damplifier is $96

62 sq ft of raamat for $109

1 Gallon of SecondSkin Spectrum (Good for 40 sq ft) for $55

So obvisously I would like to go with the gallon of spectrum but I haven't read much about it.

I wouldn't think that the spectrum would be good on the roof unless sprayed. I would go with the raamat if you want to do more deadning than the roof which is highly recomended.

I wouldn't think that the spectrum would be good on the roof unless sprayed. I would go with the raamat if you want to do more deadning than the roof which is highly recomended.
I have already put dynamat on the back hatch.

thats all? That hatch prob goes nuts i would go nuts with the deadning because you say panels are flexing than they need some massive ammounts of deadning
just put the system in this past weekend.

I only had enough dynamat to do the back. The backglass is moving more than the back hatch. But the roof flexes like CRAZY.

yeah I would do atleast 2 layers but thats me I have been going crazy with this stuff now and I think it helps a lot. There are ways to stop the glass from rattling as well. Search that and there are tons of threads about it.

yeah I would do atleast 2 layers but thats me I have been going crazy with this stuff now and I think it helps a lot. There are ways to stop the glass from rattling as well. Search that and there are tons of threads about it.
I did what everyone suggested by adding weather stripping. It helped but the backglass still comes out around 1/4" or so...enough to fill air coming out of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

aaron7114

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
aaron7114
Arkansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date