Aplified sub and a car amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

JD Z

I installed a pioneer amplifier in my car. Sounds good. I’m looking to add a 12” sub in the trunk. I found what looks to be a good sub, but it has a sub built in.

Can I run the speaker wires from the sub output of the pioneer amp to this sub...it has a built in sub. Or do I need to splice the speaker wires before it enters my pioneer amp?

Would like to take the sub output from the pioneer amp to this amplified sub. Will I have problems there? Recommendations?

The Amp:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014XQ6BLI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Sub:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007AQ2W6W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Thanks for your insights.

You can not add input to the loaded sub from your current amplifier, unless you split the rca signal and feed both the low level signal. other wise, the loaded enclosure will support high level input. that means tapping into the factory wiring speaker output.

I suggest buying a rca splitter if you have an amp installed already.

I installed a pioneer amplifier in my car. Sounds good. I’m looking to add a 12” sub in the trunk. I found what looks to be a good sub, but it has a sub built in.
Can I run the speaker wires from the sub output of the pioneer amp to this sub...it has a built in sub. Or do I need to splice the speaker wires before it enters my pioneer amp?

Would like to take the sub output from the pioneer amp to this amplified sub. Will I have problems there? Recommendations?

The Amp:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014XQ6BLI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Sub:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007AQ2W6W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Thanks for your insights.
no dude that wont work.. buy a light weight dvc sub maybe pioneer 3003 (or lower) and a ported box it'll cost less than that sub and be louder anyway..

Ported vs sealed sub box. The best I can tell is that a sealed box has a consistent sound, but needs more amp to bring out the thump. How much amp? And if ported is the way to go, how to I tell if what I’m seeing in the add is good|better than sealed? Any box that has an opening to the speaker side to allow air flow?

Thanks guys.

Ported vs sealed sub box. The best I can tell is that a sealed box has a consistent sound, but needs more amp to bring out the thump. How much amp? And if ported is the way to go, how to I tell if what I’m seeing in the add is good|better than sealed? Any box that has an opening to the speaker side to allow air flow?
Thanks guys.
A proper ported box for a 12 should be around 2 cubic feet NET (not Gross cubic feet, NET means you need to subtract the space the sub and port takes up) Along with having a healthy amount of port area aka the port opening needs to be pretty **** big, most of what you find on amazon is complete garbage design wise. If you can, building your own box would be ideal. Sealed is simple easy to do and expected results. Ported requires proper box and acoustic knowledge to sound good while getting loud and can definitely be overall way superior to sealed if done right.

Thanks Jeff. I have a wood shop, so building is easy if I knew a good design. Does anyone have a link or info on design? I don’t have acoustics knowledge. My son is a guitar player so he may have some insight, but doesn’t know about sub box design.

Thanks Jeff. I have a wood shop, so building is easy if I knew a good design. Does anyone have a link or info on design? I don’t have acoustics knowledge. My son is a guitar player so he may have some insight, but doesn’t know about sub box design.
what sub do u want a box for? u can pm shredder2 he does good box designs..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.