Another which speaker question

Participant count
  • Participant list
If you look at graphs you will see they are the same. One may do better off axis but that’s driver dependent.
So no matter the tweeter material, it's off axis is the issue? Is that what your saying?

So no matter the tweeter material, it's off axis is the issue? Is that what your saying?
I’ll show ya. These are almost the same minus material.

You will see they are almost identical up to a bit over 18k hertz. I can’t really hear past 15k.

And the metal drops off more on the top end. Btw. These are a freaking deal.

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/hard-dome-tweeter/sb-acoustics-sb26adc-c000-4-aluminum-dome-tweeter/

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/sb-acoustics-soft-dome-tweeters/sb-acoustics-sb26stac-c000-4-1-textile-dome-tweeter/

So it’s not the material you don’t like. It’s the tweeter itself.
I'm not so sure about that. I haven't been able to test enough diff branded tweets to be able to give my full opinion. Although, I have had MBQ, Focal in the past and have heard/read that they need some good amount of power to sound good, regardless of tweeter material. Oh yes also had CDT.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.