HELP! Speakers stopped working after steering column fix!

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a JVC KD-X330BTS after market stero.

I drive a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT.

A while ago, I was able to turn over the ignition without any key and my battery would die every night. To fix this I brought it into a local shop to get it fixed. They fixed the steering column, AC/HEAT and gave me a new set of keys and a FOB. When I went to go pick the car up I was checking to see if everything was working correctly. But alas, my speakers did not work. I was unsure of the cause because they worked perfectly fine before...

My stereo lights up and everything and I am able to change settings and such.

I've checked RADIO, RADIO AMP, and Stereo fuses which all are intact.

I've also reset the stereo but still to no avail...

I am unsure as to why this happened. Does the steering column have anything to do with the stereo or speakers? Please help.

No.

I needed the heating for the conditions where I live. Temps go from -30C or -22F. It was much needed.

I could not lock my doors either, and I my car could be turned on without a key. FYI it was much needed.

Your reply still doesn't answer my question...

You weren't specific enough in the 1st post, and assumed they did some un-needed work.

I'm guessing someone was messing with the wrong wires underneath the steering column. Why not go back and make them fix it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.