another 'which amp should I get' thread

Participant count
  • Participant list

hedron

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have these two pairs of speakers:

I was considering this amplifier:

But I'm not 100% sure if it's not enough or too much power for my speakers? I don't need anything super-fancy, so if there's a better option in the sub-150$ price range I'd welcome input.

I have a 2011 Impreza. I would prefer to stick it behind the glove box, but that's not a 100% thing.

I have this head unit:

Last edited:
You asked at the right time. These are a steal at $69.00

RMS @4ohms, 125 x 4
RMS @2ohms 185 x 4
RMS bridged 370 x 2

7.75" x 6.75" x 2" Should fit under your car seat. Hell, at that price, by an extra for a dual VC sub down the line.

Send the speakers back too, these are half-price at $99 a pair and will destroy the others.

Done and DONE!

The 1670's are in my old car from 5 years ago. I doubt they'll take them back. But I'll consider those speakers. But thank for the amp suggestion. It looks perfect.

The 1670's are in my old car from 5 years ago. I doubt they'll take them back. But I'll consider those speakers. But thank for the amp suggestion. It looks perfect.
NICE! Well I'm liquidating some of my NVX open box stock 6.5", 6" and 5.25", 4"x6" poly/silk coax and separates, N, V, and X series, and will be posting them soon. All are open box, never installed. Keep a look out!

I just ordered one of those amps too, just could not pass it up!

Pioneer lists the wattage different than sonic. Pioneer says
1697757360098.png

That amp listed will do great with these speakers. You can play em at 125w no problem. They have way more headroom. RMS wattage is not what you have to do. RMS is the nominal output the speakers are designed for when it comes to output vs power consumption. You can go well over it, but with all speakers you put more and more power in, you get less and less more out of it. We're not talking thousand(s of) watt subs, were talking a few hundred watts, or about 25-30 amps.

If you really want to search, I would be looking for a 4x100 @ 4ohm RMS amp or more. The kenwood amp you listed would work, but you'll only do about 70% of the volume that something around 100-120w will do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...