Yet another what 6.5" componant/coaxials speaker question, sorry!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tricky-Dicky

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, I am an older guy but allways had an interest in having good sounds in my car as it's the only place I listen to music which consists of nothing later than the late 90s and a lot earlier, anyway I have android head units in both cars and like the DSP, I also bought a stand alone DSP and fitted some MB Quart FSB 216 components for the Insignia, but found them a bit lacking in clarity and detail, the old Infinity components I fitted to the Honda about 10 years ago are far better so in the process of shifting them to the Insignia, but now thinking of just buying some decent components for the front and coaxial for the rear and have been looking at YouTube video comparisons,

Was looking at Focal 165AS but on watching comparison videos I can clearly hear that they are bright lacking detail in comparison with the likes of Infinity 6530CX, /Primus 6510CS and Hertz CK-165/DSK 165, So my question is what's recommended for detail and clarity at a budget of no more than £150 for components and £100 for coaxials, don't need heavy bass I have a sub.

Edit

Hi, I am an older guy but allways had an interest in having good sounds in my car as it's the only place I listen to music which consists of nothing later than the late 90s and a lot earlier, anyway I have android head units in both cars and like the DSP, I also bought a stand alone DSP and fitted some MB Quart FSB 216 components for the Insignia, but found them a bit lacking in clarity and detail, the old Infinity components I fitted to the Honda about 10 years ago are far better so in the process of shifting them to the Insignia, but now thinking of just buying some decent components for the front and coaxial for the rear and have been looking at YouTube video comparisons,

Was looking at Focal 165AS but on watching comparison videos I can clearly hear that they are bright lacking detail in comparison with the likes of Infinity 6530CX, /Primus 6510CS and Hertz CK-165/DSK 165, So my question is what's recommended for detail and clarity at a budget of no more than £150 for components and £100 for coaxials, don't need heavy bass I have a sub.

Edit

Are you running an amplifier at all?? I would recommend one even at the least of 60-75 rms would help with some clarity and over all sound improvement.

Lots of good sets out there. CDT has a good line up at numerous price points. Polk MMs are decent for the money. Image Dynamics ID and CX are good sets. I like the Alpine Type X comps. NVX is a good bargin brand.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...