Another which speaker question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sguirrelfeather

Senior VIP Member
Been looking at a lot of options, and I'm just not sure. This is for my friend's Kia Sorento. He has a Pioneer AVH-X491BHS HU which will be set to active mode. He's replacing his amp soon...should be about 150 watts available per channel. Doors take 6.5 mids and it looks like either 1" or 3/4" tweets in the pillars.

He has a lot of sub capacity, so he wants to be able to keep up with it, but wants them to sound good. So, loud, but sounds good....and, of course, he doesn't want to break the bank.

I was considering the neo PRVs, or perhaps neo Crescendo. Focals are a bit out of his price range...or at least the ones I saw. Opinions? Options? Am I looking in the wrong direction?

See my speaker recommendation thread similar needs and some good suggestions in there. If you want the best bang for the buck and going active parts express will be your best friend. Also does he want bright or smooth tweeters?

I know what bright means, but I've never heard tweeters referred to as smooth. Describe what that means?
And I saw your thread. Looking into those.
I’m not sure if other people use the term but I do being an eccentric think more mellow softer tweets.

Alpine SWS 12 for SQ on a budget ` $100

Build or have someone build a box and if you go ported than be aware this sub is sensitive to box tuning and construction so make it to Alpine specifications.

JBL GTX 500 Amp mono 500 watts RMS for $109 on clearance at Crutchfield

NVX X series mid woofers ` $150 from SonicElectronics

Morel MTD-12 from Parts Express or Madisound.

and Yes I have these so they are verified great by me. these components will make a nice sounding system on a budget and run active. Not an SPL system but a nice sound quality system that doesn't break your wallet.

Soft dome tweeters have that smooth natural sound transient response...

Hard dome, titanium, etc I didn't care for. Didn't sound good to me and was harsh/too bright sounding.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.