Another new guy trying to do things right - 1966 impala quality system

Participant count
  • Participant list
Okay that makes sense.... how much for the amp? and how big is it?

If i wanted to keep the kappa amp, just cause its pretty and seems to do a decent job (I have been using a boss 420w max amp i bought in 1998 up till this Christmas when i found the kappa one re-manufactured, I hooked it up and it seems like i have bass to spare with the kappa one.) Do you have any 4 channel solutions? or would i be way better off going to the 5? I haven't commented on my electrical system, but i am running dual battery's with an isolator and a 130w alternator and 0gauge cable.

Also thoughts on just using 6.5 midbass/midrange speakers instead of the components? just something I've been kicking around in my head.

The amp is normally $369 shipped. But I need it gone. So $320 shipped. Also is got that route with the components. Try to do a 3 way set up there sounds like the electrical is go with the exception of a big 3 kit. The amp is pretty efficient. So you should be good. If you wanted a 4 channel instead. I'd go with an arc audio. But it would cost about the same as my amp new. Also the amp is 13x6x2

Okay.. So with your advice and some research, I decided to go with a 3 way comp setup for the front stage.. This way I can get away with one amp and simplify the system. going to put the 4" kappas coaxials on eBay, they are NIB... For now I'm going to wait on an amp... But I need to get a 3 way component set, I can swing around 300-350 for a 3-way set... What are my best options? I've found the cdt cl series and the hertz sets on eBay in that range... Any used options?

Thank you all... Just picked up an Arc Audio 4 channel... Considering the CDT Cl series , DLS Reference series or the Hertz ESK for the 3-way comps, unless i can find a used set for around 300-350.

Thank you all... Just picked up an Arc Audio 4 channel... Considering the CDT Cl series , DLS Reference series or the Hertz ESK for the 3-way comps, unless i can find a used set for around 300-350.
All nice sets. And I carry all if them a decent 3 way set tho would be $400 new

You think the 4x 80w RMS at 4ohm will be sufficient for the CDT set? I noticed the DLS brand is less power hungry, But I am really leaning towards the CDT CL-6e42 if they will work decent with that rms wattage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.