Amplifier/Subwoofer trouble

Participant count
  • Participant list

squilko

I have 2 10" boss audio phantom series subs with dual voice coils. I have 3 different amps, all being 2 channel. I can hook each one up without any issues and i get a green power light, which is good. Whenever i hook up the subs the amp will go into protection mode.

I have checked all amplifier wiring and everything is fine. I have also taken the subs from the box and checked the wiring on them as well. I assured they are wired to the correct impedence and that all wiring is secure, but i still have this problem. I just cant seem to figure out what is wrong, any help???

The subs are dual 4 ohm voice coils. I currently have them wired to 4 ohms. I have a FUSION pp-am12002, BOSS chaos eXXtreme cx250, DC-200 depth charge by FULTRON

I would prefer to have the fusion hooked up

What size power and ground and how are your amp settings? I find it hard to believe that you're having trouble with 3 amps. I'd say you have a wiring issue(i.e. power/ground wires, most likely ground wire) if you're doing direct swaps and having trouble.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.