Amp to power kappa 1200w

What would the benefit of using a 2 channel be? I don't ever plan in running more than one sub.
there no benefit to it really except maybe tad cleaner power and if u do ever want 2 subs or bigger sub, u could use the 2 channel on door speakers.. but the amps we talked at bout (at least the ones like mine that are 1 ohm stable) u can run 2 4ohm dvc subs on mine and get over 1100rms., so u don't need 2 channels to run 1 sub it's all about ohm load.. what he is saying he has a fair amp that'll work for u and he'll sell to u cheap if thats what u want instead of spending more $.. he's a respected guy here, if u don't want to add another sub later, i'd pm him and see how much he wants for it..

What would the benefit of using a 2 channel be? I don't ever plan in running more than one sub.
Using a 2 ch..you can run a set of rear speakers and a sub at the same time with caps in 4,or 2 ohm stereo..other factors..space saving..possibly a cleaner amp than your existing..Utilize for running in mono/bridged mode for now,and use at a later time for mids and or highs ..gives you time to save funds for a larger amp if you ever decide to.Just great all around on running different configurations..4,-6 channel amps are alot of fun to play around with and install in different applications,and configurations.Two ch.amps are generally cheaper than most mono amps,but you benefit versatility as well

If you are not in the market to really buy another amplifier..Then run what you have.You have an amplifier..Its it the best out there??Not likely..is it a space saver? Most likely not..Clean power?It can be close enough to satisfy if you set your gains properly and have an enclosure properly built/and tuned properly for your sub,spend time on deadening/ect.Easy way to save space on any install is to STACK, with room to BREATHE/AIRFLOW to dissipate heat.Im all for running what you have..utilize what you have..No need to buy new all the time..youd be surprised at some of the GEMS out there..Not everyone can afford to buy a $1k amp or a nutthugger brand starting out or even consider it in the future.This is called YOUR LIMITATIONS,and what your budget mind set is.My system may sound like garbage to another..but if im satisfied thats all that matters.What you want,what you need, and what space you are willing to give up,the environment,and your budget.Make the best of what you have and utilize what you have,until you are no longer satisfied.

Anyhow, I'm in the process of a complete stereo replacement...or get something a little higher so the amp has some headroom? I was looking at a few amps.

Infinity kappa k1000 - 700w at 4ohm

Soundstream t1-4000dl - 700w at 4ohm

I found a factory refurbished kicker cx1200.1 which is 600w at 4ohm.

First, you are sharp trying to pair a sub with the same brand and line: Infinity Kappa K1000.

You'd think no one cares that the better brands are often engineered to work best together.

Thing is, you have a LOT of headroom with the Infinity. It peaks at 2600W 1 ohm. If I am not mistaken, your K1200 sub may have an impedance selector that can be set at either 2 or 4 ohms. So, 1000Watts at a 2 ohm load sounds solid pushing a 1200W peak sub. Thinking about your car. Seems you are driving a pretty small vehicle, with not as much space in the cabin area. If it is a hatchback, and If you are a bass-head, you might want another subwoofer to make things crisp.

Hint: I own a Infinity K1000, it is new. It does not come fused, and requires 4 Gauge amp kit. Get the kit if you need one from CT Sounds on Amazon. I bought a good one w/ distribution block for $17.

Do your due diligence tuning it, my friend. I would personally steer clear of anything refurbed, and everything by Kicker. Never used Soundstream amps, but I do use their four channel line converter. Not a bad piece of work, albeit made in China since before I was born. Best luck to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.