amp in and out of power protect

Participant count
  • Participant list

masonstephens55

CarAudio.com Recruit
my ct sounds 1500w rms amp is going to power protect mode whenever it hits hard or low bass. I wired my sub ( avatar 15) to 2 ohms and it is reading 2.4 ohms on a dmm. im not sure if it is just going into power portect because it is trying to use too much power from the amp or if im doing something wrong. I dont think that the sub is blown because it is reading 2.4 ohms. help is needed feel free to ask questions thank you!

my ct sounds 1500w rms amp is going to power protect mode whenever it hits hard or low bass. I wired my sub ( avatar 15) to 2 ohms and it is reading 2.4 ohms on a dmm. im not sure if it is just going into power portect because it is trying to use too much power from the amp or if im doing something wrong. I dont think that the sub is blown because it is reading 2.4 ohms. help is needed feel free to ask questions thank you!

What's your voltage going into the amp at?

im on stalk alt i considered getting a big 3 kit but haven't yet
You need to be able to keep your voltage up to run it...if you're reading 9-10v at your amp now, a smart3 will go into protect that low...you need to find out why you're low before buying a bigger amp imo

You need to be able to keep your voltage up to run it...if you're reading 9-10v at your amp now, a smart3 will go into protect that low...you need to find out why you're low before buying a bigger amp imo
as of rn i have 2 battery's. my rear is a 12v agm battery and the front is a 12v normal battery. the rear one is running 9 ish volts. im not sure if the battery is bad but its dev not getting charge. it worked for a good while.

okay im confused now, I left it connected for a while and it is now reading 13.8-14.5 volts. everything is working properly now. did something change or could it be a loose connection.
Check the resting voltage of each battery with the vehicle off...it should be around 12v...if one of the battery is under then I'd suggest getting it tested

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...