Amp & Sub Matching

Participant count
  • Participant list
I've got a TS - W310D4 12 " with Dual 4 Voice Coils. I'd like to find the ideal amplifier for. I wish I had signed up here before I actually started assembling my custom sound equipment.

My goal: TO have a more than decent bass, not rattling because I'd like to use the single SUB. I want to find the most ideal amplifier to match. At first I wanted to go 2 6.5s and 2 6x9s but I read somewhere that 6x9s aren't necessary with a sub which I figure kind of makes sense. Any advice on that too?

So to summarize:

My current stereo is a DEH - 1200 MP CD Receiver that's in and currently connected to four stock speakers in my 1998 Mitsubishi Mirage.

I've already purchased already TS - G1644R pair that I plan to run direct from the headset.

I've already purchased the TS-W310D4 12" sub, I want to run it in a single boot, powered by it's own amplifier. Is this a good idea? Exactly what amplifier should I be looking for to get the best out of my sub? Should I ditch the 6x9s as I plan to or go for a decent pair of 6x9s as well?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.