scosche harness to HU question

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChucklezZ
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
the scosche harness I got to connect to my pioneer harness has an amplifier ground wire that is black with a gray stripe. Should I tie that into the other 2 grounds? or is that wire only for vehicles with the factory amp built in?

Since you don't have the factory amp, you can leave the amp ground (black/white) unconnected. Or you can tie it to the other black ground wires. Either way should be fine. If you look at the wire bundle on the factory connector you are plugging into, I bet that black/white amp ground wire doesn't connect to anything on the car side of things anyway.

thanks man, I thought so I was just making sure. Also I can leave all orange wires unconnected too right? illumination and dimmer

Connect Orange wire from harness to orange/white wire going to 80PRS if you want the 80PRS display to dim when the headlights are turned on at night. Otherwise you can just leave them unconnected and cap or tape them.

Connect Orange wire from harness to orange/white wire going to 80PRS if you want the 80PRS display to dim when the headlights are turned on at night. Otherwise you can just leave them unconnected and cap or tape them.
I connected orange on factory harness to orange/white on the pioneer and it shut all my dash lights off?

I connected orange on factory harness to orange/white on the pioneer and it shut all my dash lights off?
Hmm. Not sure why. Don't do that then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.