Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 DSP Processor Startup Problems - Blue/Red Flashing

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pream

I recently got RF 3Sixty.3 DSP processor installed in my 2005 Acura TSX. Most things function properly, but the 3Sixty.3 is giving off a 'Red & Blue' flashing light when I turn on the car. It won't play any audio until I hit the reset button (with the car on). The DSP works perfectly well after I press the 'reset' button. Then, the process repeats after I turn off my car and turn it back on.

My system is as follows:

2005 Acura TSX w/Premium Factory Sound system (now upgraded)

'Big 3 Upgrade'

Relatively new battery and alternator (OEM specs)

Phoenix Gold TI 2 1600 5-Channel Amplifier (all settings left at default)

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 DSP Processor

Hi-Level inputs going into the DSP

2 DD Audio BC 6.5 Components up front w/custom passive crossovers

2 6.5" 4ohm Silver Flutes in the rear door panels

1 JL Audio 12w6v2-d4 Subwoofer

Sound deadening on all four doors

Factory amp bypass

RF Tech Support indicates that the Red & Blue flashing light means a low voltage problem. However, my DSP is directly powered from the car battery (I'm not sure where the Remote wire is coming from). I've hooked up a digital multimeter to the ground and B+ (12v) terminals of the 3Sixty.3 power harness and I get a steady 12.6V when the car is off. This voltage momentarily dips down to about 10.7v when the car is cranked and then it immediately shoots up to 13V or 14V and stays there.

So, according to RF Techn Support, the root of the problem is that the voltage drops below 12V when the car is switched on. This happens for literally one second or less. The 3sixty.3's "Operating Voltage" is advertised on their website as "9 - 16 VDC". So, I don't see how or why a rapidly transient 10V signal would cause the DSP to lock up.

RF Tech Support is recommending putting a line capacitor to counteract voltage fluctuations before the power gets to the 3Sixty.3. I'm sorry, but I refuse to follow such a ghetto workaround for a $500 "high-quality" machine that is supposed to work right out of the box. The website even states that the 3Sixty.3 has an operating range of "9V to 16 VDC".

At the least, RF DSP programmers should include an option for a delayed turn-on in the processor so as to counteract this issue. Even a 1-second delay in power on the DSP would resolve the issue.

Do you guys have any quick, painless and cheap solutions? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks! :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.