American made amplifiers

It’s a crowd of people who don’t know any better(SQ snobs) and people that don’t care(Bassheads). Again, it’s all in the application. Basshead stuff is built to be bulletproof. Which makes it a more quality product then some low power “SQ” gear. But the “SQ” gear cost more. That makes no sense.
Good Lord, that may be the dumbest thing I've ever read in this forum. I think my IQ dropped 20 points just from reading it.

Good Lord, that may be the dumbest thing I've ever read in this forum. I think my IQ dropped 20 points just from reading it.
How is it dumb? Find a “fancy” SQ branded amp that can handle .15ohm daily while being efficient and compact.

Then find somebody that knows how to tune and install say this is not more important then the brand.

Maybe you don’t know this?

He knows it all, bro. You won't sway his opinion, don't even bother.

How is it dumb? Find a “fancy” SQ branded amp that can handle .15ohm daily while being efficient and compact. Then find somebody that knows how to tune and install say this is not more important then the brand.

Maybe you don’t know this?
You won't find anyone into SQ who is running their amps at a near dead short because they know that the quality of music suffers when an amplifier is asked to perform at such low resistance loads. BTW, your amp isn't very efficient at that load either. Just because a amp will survive at .15 ohm doesn't mean you should run it like that. Efficiency is greatly reduced every time you halve the load the amp 'see's'. But, you probably already knew that, right?

BTW, I notice you aren't running Audiopipe, Lanzar or Pyle amps. Kinda goes against your argument that the amp brand doesn't matter.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

He knows it all, bro. You won't sway his opinion, don't even bother.
Yeah, I have quickly become aware of that. Wasting my time I guess.

You won't find anyone into SQ who is running their amps at a near dead short because they know that the quality of music suffers when an amplifier is asked to perform at such low resistance loads. BTW, your amp isn't very efficient at that load either. Just because a amp will survive at .15 ohm doesn't mean you should run it like that. Efficiency is greatly reduced every time you halve the load the amp 'see's'. But, you probably already knew that, right?
BTW, I notice you aren't running Audiopipe, Lanzar or Pyle amps. Kinda goes against your argument that the amp brand doesn't matter.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

and here i am still wondering if i should use my PPI PC250 or the Xtant 603X for my front stage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Have you ever tuned a car? I thought just like you before I started doing it a few times. I quickly figured out the amp used didn’t matter. No amp will fix the natural response of the car or fix resonance in panels.

I’m not saying they do. I’m saying they can. Therefor they are built better. So they should cost more but they don’t.

Do you know why I don’t use cheap amps? Because I still want power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.