American Bass HD15d2 Amp and Box

im sure it sounds fine and if you have a custom build box to spec you might say to yourself holy **** this sounds 100 times better because right now you don't know any better...
I've had 3 boxes the one tuned to 30hz is best

I also have my sa12 in 4cu prefab.

Just have to find the correct prefab if you're not competing

you know the system your planning is gonna **** that car all the way up. I had a 87 monte carlo that I sold about a year ago that I had 2 ab xr 12's on just a little sq 2200 and the truck arms were ripping from the trunk lid among other things that bass destroyed in that car

So, are you telling me that I shouldn't install the HD15 and the Orion XTR2500.1dz.? The Qbomb15vl is fairly close to the box I need. Any thoughts?
Screenshot_20190925-084710_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think unless you're competing and want to get every DB possible out of the sub you'll be fine with the prefab

Car is going to rattle so bad that you won't be able to hear a difference lol

Hopefully, the Bugs are a little different. Not as many plastic piece rattling around. Pretty much all steel I'm worried about the battery and alternator though. It's a 54 year old car converted to 12 volt.

I think unless you're competing and want to get every DB possible out of the sub you'll be fine with the prefab

Car is going to rattle so bad that you won't be able to hear a difference lol
Nope. It's not about competing it's more about having the right amount of air space and port area for the sub and power that's being used plus tuned to The type of music being listened too and a tuning that'll work good for The sub and air space of The enclosure.
The majority of pre fab boxes don't have near enough port area for the power op plans to use. Or enough bracing for that matter.
Won't get into a tuning debate but will say in my experience the enclosure and type of music,goals,the sub it's self and vehicle play a larger roll then someone putting a blanket statement that 30 34 38 etc Hz sounds the best.
Personally I wouldn't waste my money on a q bomb box..

Nope. It's not about competing it's more about having the right amount of air space and port area for the sub and power that's being used plus tuned to The type of music being listened too and a tuning that'll work good for The sub and air space of The enclosure.
The majority of pre fab boxes don't have near enough port area for the power op plans to use. Or enough bracing for that matter.
Won't get into a tuning debate but will say in my experience the enclosure and type of music,goals,the sub it's self and vehicle play a larger roll then someone putting a blanket statement that 30 34 38 etc Hz sounds the best.
Personally I wouldn't waste

I'm just going to build the AB recommended box. It is 32"W x 17"H x 18"d. The port will be 3" x 14" x 15". All one inch MDF construction. The tuning will be around 40hz.

I can't envision the backseat area, and what configuration will work best. Since the "trunk" is filled with an engine maybe if there's clearance a side fire port/sub up?.. give that port something to load against?
I'm spitballing here btw... lol. Without pics of the area I'm in the dark really.
I think electrical will be the real hurdle with all the power being used, if those gains aren't set right also... well... as far as the enclosure goes is the sub you have the HD-15d2a Op?
Prefab?.. power limited, less extension (tuning) and a HD-15 on an Orion Xtr2500.1 will probably blow a Rockville box apart eventually if the user don't clip the sub to death 1st trying to get loud.
I see the decision has been made... let us know how it works out Op.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.