American Bass HD15d2 Amp and Box

There are some people who can read and take it all in and understand what's being said and some people who just read. Think we're dealing with the later here. The answer to the question why to not use the q-boom has been addressed many times all over this forum and even in this thread.

There is some good prefab boxes being built. These boxesooked pretty legit to me, but who am I? View attachment 18413
really not much info there. looks nice though. Do they at least give you the port area? Total or per ft? There is such a thing as too much or not enough. Do they give the dimensions plus bracing so one can check it before they order? I'm not familiar with boxsooked why I'm asking.
Personally if I were to buy a pre fab I'd want to know as much as possible about the box so I could at least model it to get some idea of how my sub would do in their box.

Idk why people can't build a box... I'll give you an "A" for effort... but the execution can't be graded as the thing never got finished.
People who are happy with a Qbomb remind me of those Foxbox aficionados... married to their purchase and eager to recommend one to someone else till they hear a proper enclosure (same subs/power)... hey... there is a market for entry level stuff sure... but I recommend what I believe to work well. I'm always learning and a noob apparently. Maybe Qbomb has killer stuff nowadays... idk

Not everyone can build a box it's that simple. I would have to purchase so much more **** it ain't worth it to me. $400 subs not spending $800 to build a box.

When I upgrade my subs I will think about a custom box.

These were the specs for a 13w7 prefab box. Is that a legit prefab or a piece of **** like all prefabs? Asking for a friend 😂
Screenshot_20190925-125734_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190925-125734_Samsung Internet.jpg

These were the specs for a 13w7 prefab box. Is that a legit prefab or a piece of **** like all prefabs? Asking for a friend 😂View attachment 18414View attachment 18414
I'm in the middle of moving plus 1300 miles from home or I'd model it for ya. Helps to know what amp will be used rms power and ohm load. Car suv etc?Maybe someone can take a look.
At least they're giving that much information on the enclosure.
Not sure I'd call it a pre fab since it's subwoofer specific but no idea how it looks on software program.

These were the specs for a 13w7 prefab box. Is that a legit prefab or a piece of **** like all prefabs? Asking for a friend 😂View attachment 18414View attachment 18414
Idk about the advertised volume/tuning.. I hate checking prefabs.
This is a design I did for a member that wanted a big bottom end response (that sounded wrong) and the member was very happy. IIRC it was a RF T1500 powering it.
j0w4N1.jpg

I just got a price to build that AV spec box for one AB HD15d2. I have him all the dimensions and told him that I didn't need it carpeted. So, his bid was $595-$680. And, that is why people look at prefab boxes.

I just got a price to build that AV spec box for one AB HD15d2. I have him all the dimensions and told him that I didn't need it carpeted. So, his bid was $595-$680. And, that is why people look at prefab boxes.
As you say man... sounds like you got a quote from someone who wants to rearend you.
i just pulled this off Phoenix C/L and I've seen the same guy advertising before.
Add a double baffle and some bracing to the cost... I'd think $250 max for a single 15.
Anyways enjoy your Rockville or Qboom enclosure... I'm done.

As you say man... sounds like you got a quote from someone who wants to rearend you.
i just pulled this off Phoenix C/L and I've seen the same guy advertising before.
Add a double baffle and some bracing to the cost... I'd think $250 max for a single 15.
Anyways enjoy your Rockville or Qboom enclosure... I'm done.

I'm not getting a prefab box. So, be done. I said, this is why people look at prefabs. $6-$700 for a custom box. Not everybody is loaded like you. It must be nice to just throw money at the situation. You must always buy the most expensive sub, amp, speakers, head unit, car, house, clothes, etc..... Because, if it's more expensive, it must be better. Always trust a guy working out of his garage who advertises on C/L, before you trust a company who has built enclosures for years. That makes perfect sense.

Op... you don't know me.
Rich?.. maybe my sense of humor.

It just seems like everybody wants to say, throw money at it and get a custom box. Who cares if he advertises on C/L, it's a custom box because some guy built it in a garage. I think $595-$680 is a bit much for this particular box. It should fall somewhere between $250-$300. Luckily, I ran into an old friend today who has built boxes since the mid 80's here in Vegas. So, he will probably give me the old friend discount and build it for a reasonable price. I told him that I would cut most of the pieces myself and let him assemble them. I'm not setup for assembling boxes in my garage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.