alternator Q

Participant count
  • Participant list
Does your car have a solid frame, or is it a unibody? If unibody, you will want to run your engine ground directly to your battery in trunk. I would recommend this anyways, since you already bought the wire.

The rubber boot's a good indicator of + side.. Usually they don't worry about the potential of shorting a ground wire TO GROUND. lol
lol

i been doing electrical work for 10+ years and youll be suprised what you may see and hear lol

lol
i been doing electrical work for 10+ years and youll be suprised what you may see and hear lol[/quote I cant argue with ya there bro.. I worked local 103 Boston for 10 years and seen some RIDICULOUS sheeeat.. when it comes to alts though that rubber boot is a pretty good indicator.. good luck with ur setup bro.

lol
i been doing electrical work for 10+ years and youll be suprised what you may see and hear lol[/quote I cant argue with ya there bro.. I worked local 103 Boston for 10 years and seen some RIDICULOUS sheeeat.. when it comes to alts though that rubber boot is a pretty good indicator.. good luck with ur setup bro.
i didnt ask the question but thanks lol i am working on a build tho of my own

2yvnjap.jpg

Good?

I had to put the bigger one on top, because stock has a groove that it sat in perfectly and didn't fit other ways around, stud wasn't long enough.

Had to run to Home Depot and get a **** drill bit, my metal bits weren't cutting it. Seeing as my firewall is THREE pieces of metal deep?

Nope, about 3/4.

Stock stud was just long enough for that single stock connection.. plus the stock connection sits lower in a rivit...

It's as if Lincoln doesn't want me to upgrade. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

It's still solid though, not lose at all. A new alternator I'm sure will be in sight at somepoint, seeing as I've gone from 240rms system to 2,400 in under 3 months.. I'm really enjoying this whole gig.

Should be fine for now, right? I'll check it in a few days after some drive time, ect ect

Doesn't that make the bottom wire loose due to the large terminal on top of the plastic? I just notched mine with a dremel and made it fit down in there with the factory one. That looks very unsafe.

or the crimp job, or what is in between the terminal and the factory terminal, or is the brass terminal just tightened down onto the plastic guard..or..just kinda hard to tell in the pic.
he said the factory one sits in a grove and the stud is bartely long enough for the factory lug so it will eb a tight fit no matter what .

he said the factory one sits in a grove and the stud is bartely long enough for the factory lug so it will eb a tight fit no matter what .
Not if the factory one has a plastic lip above it, and the new wire sits on said plastic lip. That will make the bottom (factory) wire loose.

yeah it looks questionable . he was instant messaging me on here and i told him to make sure everythign sits flush with each other metal to metal to alt and he said it was so ?

If the stud is that short, I would get both wires into 1 terminal and make that terminal fit in the grove or remove that so it could sit flat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.