Alternators and bats

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sub Bass Woofrz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Camas, WA
Guess i thought a h/o alt for my car would be out of my budget, well doing a quick ebay search i found this beauty for a modest price. HIGH OUTPUT ALTERNATOR HONDA ACCORD ODYSSEY ACURA CL ISUZU OASIS 2.2L 180AMP NEW | eBay... now i know there is a reason for this but why is the comparable mechman 150 amp alt $400...? What makes that alt worth 2x more...?

Last question, since a h/o alt for my car is roughly the same price as a sears diehard platinum or an optima yellow top, would it be more beneficial to upgrade the alt or the bat???

-Thanks

Well you arent gona get good alt for 200 bucks ..that alt is garbage ...it probably only puts out 100a @ idle and i dont consider 180a alt a ho alt ...lot of.factors to look at when picking a alt..and as far as the batt is concerned ..u cant go wrong adding batteries ..seeing how.i wouldnt buy the alt u selected id go for a batt

Well you arent gona get good alt for 200 bucks ..that alt is garbage ...it probably only puts out 100a @ idle and i dont consider 180a alt a ho alt ...lot of.factors to look at when picking a alt..and as far as the batt is concerned ..u cant go wrong adding batteries ..seeing how.i wouldnt buy the alt u selected id go for a batt
1.3k watt system gonna be ok on a diehard platinum and the big 3??

Start with the alt, and big 3 FIRST. You can always build on that foundation if necessary(more batts).. Nasty08impala is right on general principles as well.. What do you think a $200 amp is gonna put out at idle? Don't get me wrong.. If you're only pushing a lil over 1k and ur NEVER going bigger then that alt would probably do fine.. WHO EVER GOES SMALLER THOUGH?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.