Fuses.

Participant count
  • Participants list

Montana

Banned
My wire is rated up to 250 amps, however, a fuse is meant to protect the item it is running to. how does one find what amps my amp can handle before it'll start smokin'

I've read Bcae's article on fuses, didn't offer much help on this exact topic. Good read, however.

Thanks one and all.

If the amp has built in fuses, fuse it to the 250a.

If there are no built in fuses, you will need to look in the owners manual to find out what amp fuse you need.

If there are no built in fuses, you will need to look in the owners manual to find out what amp fuse you need.
You fuse it based on the wire's limits, not the amps.

If you're using 1/0 CCA, get a 250A fuse. If you're using 1/0 OFC, get a 300A fuse. If you're using wire that's any smaller than 1/0, then upgrade your wire before running your amp or you'll be blowing quite a few fuses

fuse is to protect the wire not the amp.
this

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

If you're using 1/0 CCA, get a 250A fuse. If you're using 1/0 OFC, get a 300A fuse. If you're using wire that's any smaller than 1/0, then upgrade your wire before running your amp or you'll be blowing quite a few fuses
and this!

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

that's a minimum rating.

And you sir, get the "Thanks" button for covering all aspects of the question, and just simply.. answering my question.

I am infact running 1/0 now, and was looking into what fuse is needed. Thank you for the info. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Montana

Banned
Montana
Billings, MT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from