alternator Q

Participant count
  • Participant list

Montana

Banned
First time doing that grand ol' big three.

What bolt do I mount it to?

"Positive alternator" is what I've heard, would it be the one towards the bottom?

2f058ps.jpg

I ez teh noob.

Just went on a rampage to find a hole in my firewall so I can run several wires for big three... not a single hole, all if it is welded together by factory, and gaps for stock wiring cover by metal trim.

I guess I have to drill a hole?

you sure had alot to say about my fusing my battery with my power and amp runs of secondary batts in my build log and you cant even do the big three lol ?

ps your positive on yoru alt is that brass bolt there

I didn't have "alot" to say, I just asked because I read it somewhere. If we don't ask we don't know.

Right?

Thank you, and sorry if you felt as if I criticized your build.

That sits pretty flush... Hope I have room for my ring term. OH **** IT'S RAINING, MY SUB IS OUTSIDE, RUN

your brass bolt with silver nut on there is yoru charging wire to your battery and i jsut used a alt mounting bolt for the engine ground to my batt neg cause it was convient in routing the wire.

no prob man lol just messin with ya

Oh, derpin'.

I figured brass = brass color. :p

Yes.. my stock battery is in my trunk.

Had to get 65 foot of 0/1!

Pretty penny for a big 3.

Plus gave myself 20 some odd foot just to have spare :p Just cause.

So, you mentioned you used your alternator ground instead of your block ground.

does it matter? what are the requirements of that ground, I found my alternator ground, my block ground, who knows.. my car is so incredibly tight under the hood, it'll take me hours to find it.

yeah thats a expensive upgrade . gl with it i found a nice bare spot under and to the elft of my steering column to drill through . send me 10ft so i can wire up my second battery have to have both on opposite sides of trunk :p j/k

I just had a incredible derp moment, I only have to run to my trunk once for my big three, don't I?

Only time is for my positive to my alt, the ground from negative to chasis and be done in my trunk, and my engine block to chasis stays in the hood.

Hello extra 35 foot 0/1

I just had a incredible derp moment, I only have to run to my trunk once for my big three, don't I?
Only time is for my positive to my alt, the ground from negative to chasis and be done in my trunk, and my engine block to chasis stays in the hood.

Hello extra 35 foot 0/1
^this

Well I'll be damned.

Not to second guess you or anything, but you're %100 positive the previous bolt you mentioned [the one towards the right, also noticably longer] is the correct one? Re-reading the big 3 thread again, and it mentioned again the one I want is covered by a protective coat. and the other one was, and that is why I was leaned towards thinking it was that one.

yes the one in the first pic bottom left the brass stud with the silver nut . i didnt say bolt said silver nut on brass stud . the one with the rubber boot is your +

I'm not gonna read all of the above...

2f058ps.jpg

Red Circle = Positive

Green Circle = Good engine ground/alt ground (looks like an alt mounting bolt)

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.