Alternator

Participant count
  • Participant list
Wouldn't hurt to put in an upgraded AGm under the hood.

Keep it simple.If you have a 110 volt alternator, a good 2nd battery or lithium bank and 1/0 from front to back, you should be good. If when you get it playing you notice electrical strain, amps cutting out or the lights dimming, then you should consider an upgrade to the alternator.
What is the Alt putting out, have you measured the alternator output at idle and around 12- 1500 RPM?
Do you have the big three upgrade?
What gauge and is it OFC cable from front to back?
Parallel +/- cable runs?
Parallel grounding?
https://www.bestcaraudio.com/car-audio-myths-you-cant-ground-a-car-audio-amplifier-to-the-battery/

Last edited:
Wouldn't hurt to put in an upgraded AGm under the hood.

Keep it simple.If you have a 110 volt alternator, a good 2nd battery or lithium bank and 1/0 from front to back, you should be good. If when you get it playing you notice electrical strain, amps cutting out or the lights dimming, then you should consider an upgrade to the alternator.
What is the Alt putting out, have you measured the alternator output at idle and around 12- 1500 RPM?
Do you have the big three upgrade?
What gauge and is it OFC cable from front to back?
Parallel +/- cable runs?
Parallel grounding?
https://www.bestcaraudio.com/car-audio-myths-you-cant-ground-a-car-audio-amplifier-to-the-battery/
I have the big 3 and there rockford 0/1 wiring. And with the battery you sent would that mean I wouldn't need another battery until I go over 12k watts

The glows are pretty ridiculous. I have the series one and the owner of the company says that I could run my entire car and 4500 watt audio system just off that battery, actually recommended that I pull my Bosch AGM under the hood and try it, so yeah, the series two has a little less AH reserve but high amperage burst rates which for you is probably the better choice.

Can't imagine you would need anything else. Hit up Glow Voltage on FB. It's a lithium bank which is different than the XS power which if I recall is essentially a huge cap.

Last edited:
The glows are pretty ridiculous. I have the series one and the owner of the company says that I could run my entire car and 4500 watt audio system just off that battery, actually recommended that I pull my Bosch AGM under the hood and try it, so yeah, the series two has a little less AH reserve but high amperage burst rates which for you is probably the better choice.

Can't imagine you would need anything else. Hit up Glow Voltage on FB. It's a lithium bank which is different than the XS power which if I recall is essentially a huge cap.
Okay cool bc I'm thinking about getting 5k amp and just wasn't sure if that battery would do but I appreciate all the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...