Alpine X 12" Enclosure Recommendations

It’s wired at 2 ohms. This is the box. It’s my first carpeting job so don’t bash me. And I have it pushed against the rear seat.

Attachments

• AC6620F2-12E1-4157-AE4E-58CCABBC5CE6.jpeg
    AC6620F2-12E1-4157-AE4E-58CCABBC5CE6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • C0DA048D-E9C1-4D9E-88C5-D6A82CE8A5F2.jpeg
    C0DA048D-E9C1-4D9E-88C5-D6A82CE8A5F2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
Don’t give up on that Type X unless you’re going to sell it to me. Those are really great woofers. Instead of changing to a W6 let’s figure out what’s missing. What is it wired to? Send a photo of the box so we can see it. Also what kind of vehicle is it in and where is the sub firing?
You can make me an offer... 👀

I think the port is too small. Again, I know you followed Alpines specs but I just don’t think that’s good enough for the sub. I think the box build looks good by the way

Like i said in your other thread:

Port is way too small

Box volume is too small

After seeing a pic I will add this:

Port needs to rear fire, you should only side fire the port in a trunk car if you know what youre doing and have a loading wall.

I would do 3 cubes at 28 hz with the type X. The w6 is more efficient ported than the type x, in terms of box size. That x wants to be in a big box tuned super low, with lots of port area. 40 sq inches or so. my opinion.

I would do 3 cubes at 28 hz with the type X. The w6 is more efficient ported than the type x, in terms of box size. That x wants to be in a big box tuned super low, with lots of port area. 40 sq inches or so. my opinion.
Good thing I have the trunk space. I may try this. I listen to mainly hip hop and I want to hear and FEEL the bass so this should do the trick you think?

Like i said in your other thread:

Port is way too small

Box volume is too small

After seeing a pic I will add this:

Port needs to rear fire, you should only side fire the port in a trunk car if you know what youre doing and have a loading wall.
Rear firing even if the box is pushed up against the rear seat? It won’t suffocate it too much?

Rear firing means the sub is facing the trunk. Forward firing means it’s facing the front of the car. I find rear firing in trunks works best

Rear firing means the sub is facing the trunk. Forward firing means it’s facing the front of the car. I find rear firing in trunks works best
I was responding to THATpurpleKUSH when he stated "Port needs to rear fire." So... I assumed he meant the port should fire out the rear of the box while the sub is facing the rear of the car. So you're saying the sub AND port should be on the front of the box firing to the rear of the car?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.