alpine type vs ed 6500 vs rainbow slc

If I'm not mistaken, if baught from 6spcoupe, they come with a 5 year warranty (?). I read this on here somewhere, so don't hold me to it!

I have read nothing but great things about the slc, except one person said his crossovers were POS's and smoked and stuff. Could be user error.

If I'm not mistaken, if baught from 6spcoupe, they come with a 5 year warranty (?). I read this on here somewhere, so don't hold me to it!
I have read nothing but great things about the slc, except one person said his crossovers were POS's and smoked and stuff. Could be user error.
5yr warranty comes with the higher end sets if dealer installed, 1yr applies to just about everything bought and installed by the consumer.

So many different variables could've contributed to that one xover incident, for all we know he bought'm used, overpowered them etc... also possibility they were just plain out defective. They were also older models, as I believe the new post 2004/2005 SLC's come with a slightly higher power rating. I gotta say it must be near a 100+ sets sold over the last year or two, and i havent seen one come back and thats no BS. They are solid and will last you a long time as long as you know what you are doing-as with any other quality speaker.

The guy on the forum that had the problem said he talked to a few people in his area and they had similar problems. I wouldn't let that stop you, or me for that matter, from buying them.

what's the next line up from the slc's? is it the germaniums at 480? i only ask as i'm interested in one of the two.

The Power lines (CMX) come in between, but Germs are a major upgrade for minimal difference in price.

BTW..theyre $450, not $480. For now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I do not believe the SLC's have a problem because I know of many people who use them without issues. I own the Germaniums and I do have to say I am 99.999% sure the x-overs will never smoke. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif the x-overs on these things are more solid than the rear end on my car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.