Which One?

konechiwa
10+ year member

Jeepers
Seattle, WA
Max spending is 250.

Which one should i get? (I want good bass, for a 6.5, strong punchy midbass, smooth clear treble...nothing harsh). i want it to be "warm" sounding.

Polk Momo MMC6500

Diamond Audio D661s

Orion P6.2

MB Quart RCE-216

MB Quart DSF 216

the orion's are the cheapest...followed by the RCE's and then the diamonds. the MOMO's and DSF's are both the most expensive.

I can get this on onlinecarstereo...it is #1 on your guys website.

Thanks!

diamond 661s or the Orion p6.2's that you suggested

Someother suggestions CDT CL-61a or Alpine SPX-177R comps or even my personal fav. JL Audio Xr650csi's

BEST IMO

Mike

yeah bout how can u get rainbows, i havnt heard of a dealer in the US. havnt seen them online either on stores.

Id def suggest rainbows if i knew how to get em :)

6spdcoupe deals in the Rainbow line, if you truly are interested in Rainbow's then he would be the one to contact. I don't believe the SLC's are quite that high, but don't quote me on it.

Dave

i've narrowed it down to two.

the Orions or the Diamonds

The Orions are 3 Ohm, so i'd more power, which means i wouldn't need as powerful of an amp. Secondly, from the reviews i've seen, they say the P6.2's are pretty bassful for a 6.5".

The Diamonds on the other hand have silk tweeters, which would probably be softer then titanium ones. But, Diamond doesn't sell their equipment online, so if i were to buy them online (no store within 100 miles of me sells them) then i wouldn't have a warranty.

I've heard the MB's are pretty good. Once again, no one near me sells them. I'd have to travel about 30 miles to listen to Orion or MB...the stores near me sells Polk, Infinity, Pioneer, the really crappy stuff. In fact, i haven't heard one speaker i like so far (I've heard Alpine, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, Polk db's, Infinity, Audiobahn) All of them are too bright.

i've narrowed it down to two.
the Orions or the Diamonds

The Orions are 3 Ohm, so i'd more power, which means i wouldn't need as powerful of an amp. Secondly, from the reviews i've seen, they say the P6.2's are pretty bassful for a 6.5".

The Diamonds on the other hand have silk tweeters, which would probably be softer then titanium ones. But, Diamond doesn't sell their equipment online, so if i were to buy them online (no store within 100 miles of me sells them) then i wouldn't have a warranty.

I've heard the MB's are pretty good. Once again, no one near me sells them. I'd have to travel about 30 miles to listen to Orion or MB...the stores near me sells Polk, Infinity, Pioneer, the really crappy stuff. In fact, i haven't heard one speaker i like so far (I've heard Alpine, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, Polk db's, Infinity, Audiobahn) All of them are too bright.
They also make one with an aluminum cone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

konechiwa

10+ year member
Jeepers
konechiwa
Seattle, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date