alpine type vs ed 6500 vs rainbow slc

For about a month now I've been trying to decide what kind of components to get for a 2006 civic. I have yet to buy it, but I've all but decided on it, so I'm mapping out a system for it right now (no, I'm not a ricer either).

Anyway, these rainbow speakers sound like a good idea. Can someone give me more info on them? I'm looking for something that will shine at 100w rms (so I won't have to buy a new amp), and is in the range of $200-300. Does Rainbow make anything that fits this description?

I have a headache from trying to find good comps! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

Rainbow has 10 lines of speakers. In your price range only the SLC's can be had. They are good enough for people to do well in international competition...

http://car.rainbow-audio.de/press/news.php?lan=2&kat=2&dat=052005

http://car.rainbow-audio.de/press/news.php?lan=2&kat=2&dat=002004

Back to back wins over Focal Utopias(~$1k+)..

http://car.rainbow-audio.de/press/news.php?lan=2&kat=2&dat=072004

http://car.rainbow-audio.de/press/news.php?lan=2&kat=2&dat=062004

Of course this can only mean so much, as they were part of solid installs- but it gives merit that you can achieve great results with these speakers- specially for a daily driver one. For the money I'll pass up everything else. They are going for ~$240

I really appreciate the links and advice.

I'm assuming you've heard them. I see they're rated @ 100 w rms, which is right up my alley. However, I see alot of talk about speakers really "coming to life" at higher than suggested RMS ratings. Would these speakers still react very well to 100w rms, or would they truly be better with additional power?

Also, is this a brand only carried in shops? I've came across only one site that has them. 6spdcoupe, it's apparent that you sell them?...

Thanks again, 3.5.

I really appreciate the links and advice.
I'm assuming you've heard them. I see they're rated @ 100 w rms, which is right up my alley. However, I see alot of talk about speakers really "coming to life" at higher than suggested RMS ratings. Would these speakers still react very well to 100w rms, or would they truly be better with additional power?

Also, is this a brand only carried in shops? I've came across only one site that has them. 6spdcoupe, it's apparent that you sell them?...

Thanks again, 3.5.
100rms is more than plenty. I know people running half that rated power with great results. These speakers dont need insane amounts of power, they are not as inefficiant as others.

6spdcoupe is a great dealer. You can be rest assured if warranty issues arise he backs the product.

Now which ones to go with? SLC 265 or the Germanium CS 265? Is there a huge difference between the two? I like the germaniums appearence but are they really worth the extra cash?

I am installing my new kicker amp on mine this week...but preliminary prognosis is very good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif if you have the cash get the germs and this way you should have no need to upgrade for a long time.

Now which ones to go with? SLC 265 or the Germanium CS 265? Is there a huge difference between the two? I like the germaniums appearence but are they really worth the extra cash?
The huge difference is the price, the germs are ~$450 and the SLC's are ~$230. The Germanium has one of the best tweets on the market, a very adjustable crossover, and a nice aluminum coned mid as well. I almost got them but wanted to try the 8's instead.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.