Alpine Type Rs Vs. Sundowns

DD is not an online brand persay. Actually the opposite. Digital Designs only sells to "brick-and-mortar" shops..
i hate when people say that... DD has a few in store subs... everything else is still shipped to order.. you may find some redlines and what not there... but your not gonna go pick out subs and have installed... atleast not the stuff you want when you picture DD... and why would i wanna pay a shops over head when i can order myself?

i hate when people say that... DD has a few in store subs... everything else is still shipped to order.. you may find some redlines and what not there... but your not gonna go pick out subs and have installed... atleast not the stuff you want when you picture DD... and why would i wanna pay a shops over head when i can order myself?
I'm saying you can't order online from DD. You have to go through a brick and mortar shop. Not saying they stock everything.

DD is the only company I know of that protected it's dealers. Not saying I like that, but if I was a dealer, I would.

I have tried to order direct, and they said no. Can't even order Z's direct. Also asked if i could just get composite cones. They said no, so I bought them used.

Local shop here doesn't seem to charge much overhead. Alpines they had were ever so slightly more than on Amazon. They did have the Redline DDs now that you mention a model type.

If I remember correctly, they actually had this guy on display:

LE-M-608-redline-3qtrtop-left.png

Everything they sold went into a DD box too. Their main thing was to make money off the installs over product. Talked to the guy for like an hour about it.

I'm saying you can't order online from DD. You have to go through a brick and mortar shop. Not saying they stock everything.
DD is the only company I know of that protected it's dealers. Not saying I like that, but if I was a dealer, I would.

I have tried to order direct, and they said no. Can't even order Z's direct. Also asked if i could just get composite cones. They said no, so I bought them used.
and this is way DD has never seen my business... not cuz i dont want DD in my ride... i dont jump through hoops to get my car audio...lol audioque/soundqubed has seen alot of my business lol gotta love how its all shipped direct from DD... those internet based companies are doing good out here... lol theres sundown in every pawn shop in detroit and surrounding areas... aq/sq popular out here... i dont see much dd and if i do... its off shelve stock... or a guy from forums...

Local shop here doesn't seem to charge much overhead. Alpines they had were ever so slightly more than on Amazon. They did have the Redline DDs now that you mention a model type.
If I remember correctly, they actually had this guy on display:

LE-M-608-redline-3qtrtop-left.png

Everything they sold went into a DD box too. Their main thing was to make money off the installs over product. Talked to the guy for like an hour about it.
that aint a bad setup... lol what did they sticker that at?

DD is good stuff... im just bickering cuz i dont come across as much of it as id like too... lol and i blame their sales setup..
How are they with quality and range? I like my subs to play up to 80 Hz. And I'm looking to upgrade with my next project, whenever that may be.

and this is way DD has never seen my business... not cuz i dont want DD in my ride... i dont jump through hoops to get my car audio...lol audioque/soundqubed has seen alot of my business lol gotta love how its all shipped direct from DD... those internet based companies are doing good out here... lol theres sundown in every pawn shop in detroit and surrounding areas... aq/sq popular out here... i dont see much dd and if i do... its off shelve stock... or a guy from forums...
I've owned quite a few of their subs. Bought everything used. My M4a was BNIB for $1,250. That's not a bad price for a compact and reliable 7k, imo.

I will not buy Soundqubed again. I got some of their pro mids. One had a decent chip out of the magnet, one dust cap wasn't centered, and one of my grille's was broken that I payed extra for. Also, the HDC3 is NOT identical to the 9500 series. A friend of mine went from DD to SQ and hated his HDC3. Sold it shortly after buying it, and got my 9512's instead.

TBH, that was about a year ago. I think it was in the 300+ range, but IDK for sure. But, I got this off their page:
0df697eac6d65440f164ce3549e32bf8.jpg
DD in prefabs makes me cry

DD is good stuff... im just bickering cuz i dont come across as much of it as id like too... lol and i blame their sales setup..
Yea, I don't like that you can't order direct. At the end of the summer, I will be going to the two closest dealers in the area to see who can give me the best price on some new 15" Z's.

Dealers can work on price a bit. Basically I'm just going to say that I'll buy from whoever will give me the lowest price.

Also may see if they'd do a partial trade in for my old one. DD does to trade-ins for upgrades.

DD subs are beautiful... in every way except price and ease of access.... lol
As you see above I have access //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Price.... When I put my mind to something, the price tag never gets in the way. Sometimes I have to wait a bit, but I will have it. LOL. I can start pricing and saving for my next system now, so in 3 years or whatever, when I get a new car, I can build from the ground up. My Alpines will become the new workout room/computer room/music room speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

subs i love better than the type r's are many...

AQ/sq

DD

obsidian

c2

american bass

sundown

massive

but all depends on model and series... subs around same price that will kill type r's are plenty as well... american bass xfl, sa12, c2 threatcon, osidians, etc....

As you see above I have access //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Price.... When I put my mind to something, the price tag never gets in the way. Sometimes I have to wait a bit, but I will have it. LOL. I can start pricing and saving for my next system now, so in 3 years or whatever, when I get a new car, I can build from the ground up. My Alpines will become the new workout room/computer room/music room speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
dont disregard the alpines like theyre trash lol ... they are good for what they are... a great starter system.. or if the wife/girlfriend wants some extra bump... lol

subs i love better than the type r's are many...
AQ/sq

DD

obsidian

c2

american bass

sundown

massive

but all depends on model and series... subs around same price that will kill type r's are plenty as well... american bass xfl, sa12, c2 threatcon, osidians, etc....
I'll have to do more research on my next build. I'm very concerned with clarity and range. I usually play at 30-80 Hz with the sub. I want all that to be heard clearly. I don't play anything lower than 80 Hz from my doors because of some canceling and it makes my doors flex more than desired. I'll have to look into getting higher quality components and subs for my next build. Higher quality and louder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

DDs seem okay to me because I can get them. I'll have to find some guys with these speakers that I can hear for myself before doing my next setup. I got plenty of time though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.