Help picking subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

so_dank

Whats up guys I know you get a lot of this so ill be as specific as possible.. I drive a 2 door wrangler rear seats always out and just recently upgraded my head unit to the

Pioneer SPH-DA120 AppRadio 4 Smartphone receiver at Crutchfield.com

I also upgarded the speakers to

Infinity Primus PR6500cs 6-1/2" component speaker system — also fits 6-3/4" openings at Crutchfield.com

x2 so two in the soundbar two in the dash.. Although the sound quality is way better than the stock they have 0 bass and any kind of bass that comes through distorts 3 quarters in volume. (possible soundbar needing pollyfill)

So Ive decided Im gonna get subs... I love bass but as Im getting older I prefer to have pretty loud and clean not loud as possible sounding like hell as I did when I was 18.. So ive been shopping around and Im stuck.. I know that these will have to be upfired and in a longer shallow box..** Im also wondering if the new infinity I bought need to have more power**?.. and I might look into running them off the amp for the sub. I really think I want 2 12's ..I do listen to some heavy rock more mellow rock but mostly listen to electronic like dubstep or for the older guys techno. I know that 10's might be better for the rock and double bass but I like like the idea of 12's since im filling cabin space as opposed to firing into the door and I want the deep levels in the dub step...

Im not rich by any means but I do want ok quality..

With allllll that in mind what 12" sub and amp combo would you recommend knowing i might hook up the infinity's to the amp? Im kinda in the 500 dollar range budget and the box is being custom built to speaker specifications and sealed...

Also whats your take on this .. combo??

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UFHXOM?ref_=cm_sw_r_awd_vEm6vbRE339MC

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CLFM596?ref_=cm_sw_r_awd_2Dm6vbQXDTBYZ

Thanks in advance guys I know this gets repetitive but im at a loss when it comes to this stuff..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.