Alpine Type Rs Vs. Sundowns

I have heard this. But from my ear, I can tell that 15s have more low end bass than my 10s, and my 10s have way more range than the 15s. But, in defense of the 15s, my 10s are much higher quality speakers. The 15s are hifonics brutus in a ported box powered by a Rockford Fosgate Punch. To me, they sound like poop. Nowhere near the clarity I look for.
install and vehicle accoustics all playa part in this aswell as the equipment. get this in your head now before you make dumb decisions on wrong information. size does not affect sound.

ive done some budget builds that guys on here would praise up and down ..... till i popped the trunk... lmao... i did a budget build like under 500 for everything and did 4 12's on a zrx2k... lmao... and it surprised alot of people....
IDK because I haven't heard Sundowns or anything like that, but I think mine could surprise some people. It flexes the roof of my car a good bit.

I have heard this. But from my ear, I can tell that 15s have more low end bass than my 10s, and my 10s have way more range than the 15s. But, in defense of the 15s, my 10s are much higher quality speakers. The 15s are hifonics brutus in a ported box powered by a Rockford Fosgate Punch. To me, they sound like poop. Nowhere near the clarity I look for.
The enclosure and general install is the difference you're hearing. My SA8v2 install played lower than anything I've ever heard, including the IB installs I've done.

Right... I think I'm gonna try to get a proto type from them if it's possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Meh, we'll see. Not sure if they'll go through with it. However, they have been getting a lot of attention lately, which may equate to more sales. Hopefully they do make it.

However, I'll stick to other brands for now.

install and vehicle accoustics all playa part in this aswell as the equipment. get this in your head now before you make dumb decisions on wrong information. size does not affect sound.
I mean, I generally understand that, but I thought it did, IDK how to explain what I thought. So why do you buy a 10 over a 15 or a 12 over an 8? And I'm not trying to be a smart ***, I'm generally curious, I haven't been doing speaker installs long, but got hooked the second I started and want to know everything there is to know.

I mean, I generally understand that, but I thought it did, IDK how to explain what I thought. So why do you buy a 10 over a 15 or a 12 over an 8? And I'm not trying to be a smart ***, I'm generally curious, I haven't been doing speaker installs long, but got hooked the second I started and want to know everything there is to know.
Depends on the space you have for a box. If you have the space, more cone area is generally better.

However, don't try and cram 18's into two cubes gross //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Smaller subs in the right sized enclosure will out-perform larger ones in an enclosure that is too small

Depends on the space you have for a box. If you have the space, more cone area is generally better.
However, don't try and cram 18's into two cubes gross //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Smaller subs in the right sized enclosure will out-perform larger ones in an enclosure that is too small
Darn.... My trunk is huge. I could have easily fit 12's with the right enclosure. Oh well, It still bangs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

pretty much^^^^

measure your trunk and see what you can fit, more cone area means louder on the same power. but as stated above dont put subs where they dont belong. just how there is no universal t shirt size there is no universal box size

Darn.... My trunk is huge. I could have easily fit 12's with the right enclosure. Oh well, It still bangs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
if you have the new optima yes, they have big trunks. CSCStang put 2 12 type rs in one earlier this year

I'm a smedium t-shirt kinda guy
So many funny smedium pics on google images, but this is the wrong thread for them. *sigh*
im a marge, christmas and birthdays suck becasue nothing ever fits right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I would say get the right tool for the job, Sundown from what i have reaserched seem like a pretty solid speaker, but in general they seem to be built more towards the SPL side, could you make a sealed box and get it to sound good?? Sure you could. And i could also drive a nail into a 2x4 with a 20lb sledge hammer but i would rather just use a regular hammer.

I would say get the right tool for the job, Sundown from what i have reaserched seem like a pretty solid speaker, but in general they seem to be built more towards the SPL side, could you make a sealed box and get it to sound good?? Sure you could. And i could also drive a nail into a 2x4 with a 20lb sledge hammer but i would rather just use a regular hammer.
Why the hell does everyone say Sundown subs are geared towards SPL and are not musical??

If anything, it's the opposite. Lots of low end extension and sound quality.

Do you see many people compete with Sundown Team subs? No. They're great for ground pounders though.

Why the hell does everyone say Sundown subs are geared towards SPL and are not musical??
If anything, it's the opposite. Lots of low end extension and sound quality.

Do you see many people compete with Sundown Team subs? No. They're great for ground pounders though.
Idk it's got my brain going for a loop too... The majority of spl woofers have a higher hz... A sub that has 25.7hz freq... Is not a spl woofer.... It takes a lot of power to get high DB on the lows....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.