alpine type r vs. re audio SXx 12's

coolio3800
10+ year member

i have four alpine type r 12's in two pre-fab boxes all facing up. the boxes are just undersized for the subs and the tuning is off... if i sell off all this and get two RE Audio SXx 12's in a custom ported box tuned @ 33hz. do you think i would be butting out a higher spl? and what about sq? opinions and comments greatly appreciated! thank you

first your amp does not do anywhere near 2400rms. number of subs has very little to do with it if they are not in the right enclosure. I doubt you'll see much difference between the 2 setups.

well... from what i read and know of this car amp it does close to that... there were reported bench tests of 23xx i believe, i don't know the exact wattage. aside from that the general fuse guide puts it around there too. 200A x 14.4 = 2880 x.8 = 2304. and thats what i was saying, since these are in junk boxes and i was planning on making a custom box i figured there'd be an improvement. also due to the fact that the subs are almost touching the roof of the trunk and there's no space for the sound to really move.

Get a proper amp and get a proper box for the Type Rs and it will blow you away. But to do that you also need a HO alternator and a AGM battery for the front and rear!

Have fun

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.