Alpine Type R 15" Smell

No, your subs on a one way track to clip city. Either your amp, your amp settings, your head unit settings or your box is lacking causing you to not be satisfied and turn things up which is leading to a poor distorted signal. Alpine Type Rs are extremely fragile subs that blow easily at the slightest clip.

I dont sending clip signal but maybe just type R cant handle it.. Amp is Brutus 6000d wired on 2 ohms (2kw rms), box is ported 3.5ft3 32hz tune and two 55ah batteries..

Yeah i know.. i just asked if little smell is so bad or okey because its really little smell and only on bass songs.. gain is right now on 55%

its fine as long as you back off until the smell goes away...essentially..

probably giving it a soft clipped signal anyway just back off so it doesnt get too hot

Its more likely that i overpowering him than giving cliping signal.
Depending on if you have a good enough electrical system, you probably are clipping. Brutus amps really don't like voltage drop, and cannot make a clean signal if they're not getting the juice they need. Regardless if it sounds good or not, it might even be a soft clip. If you have stock electrical, that brutus isn't making 2k clean, if it's even making 2k at all. I'm not bashing Hifonics. I have a Brutus 1400.1D

My brutus is rated at 2.200 rms 2 ohm but actualy have around 1900 rms.. I have two 55ah batteries and tbh dont even want to give 2k rms to type R.. its overkill imo. I will check voltage on amp these days.. hope its over 12.50v

My brutus is rated at 2.200 rms 2 ohm but actualy have around 1900 rms.. I have two 55ah batteries and tbh dont even want to give 2k rms to type R.. its overkill imo. I will check voltage on amp these days.. hope its over 12.50v
After voltage drops and box rise, you wont even be at 1000 watts. Its not the amp, its just basic physics, actually do a clamp test and youll see that even wired to 1 ohm, you will actually be around 2 to 4 ohms depending on frequency used.

Now other underground subs will handle this clamped power easy however type R subs cannot handle a real 1000 watts clamped. When they rate the sub, they dont rate it for clamped power. So yes the sub cannot handle the wattage you are giving it. Might want to swap it out with a real sub in the future.

As for your amp, every hifonics brutus Ived used, you need to be at 14.4 volts and up. Actual power output drops SHARPLY below 14volts.

So you want to say that with better electrical system i could get noticable power from my type r?

btw look at this

7fdf07e4fb0640acb10aa9ff8733659f.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.