Advice on what to upgrade next!

jlh0989

Current System:

2012 Chevy Cruze

subs- 2 SWR-2d12's

Amp- Hifonics BRX3016.1D Brutus 3000W

Door Speaker- 4 Alpine Type R's

Amp- Kenwood Something Bought it a long time ago and can't remember, but it works great

2 after market batteries under the hood I have a 780cca Duralast and in the trunk I have an 1100cca yellow top. I have 1/0 gauge wiring for the big three and back to the battery in the rear. Every thing Is mounted neatly with good cable management (did the install my self and ran it under the carpet down the center console). I want a little more out of the system but not sure where to go from here? It's still a daily driver and I have kids so taking the leap to the extreme is not an option. After talking to some Friends they seem to think I have the power to push a nicer pair of subs but I don't know what a good replacement would be or if I would get much more out of them..... Any help is appreciated!!!!!!

Edit! Sorry, Also this is a budgetish build I only get the cash to upgrade once or twice a year. So, please keep that in mind! Thanks!

That I'm not 100% sure on. I was going to have one made but the day I bought the Subs the audio store was running a special and I got the box free lol. But it's a ported and tuned I believe to 36hz but it was over a year ago and free so I don't really remember.

Get some measurements of the box. Before deciding on new subs. Much better to put the subs in a box that will work for them. A prefab box hinders the potential of most subs.

That I'm not 100% sure on. I was going to have one made but the day I bought the Subs the audio store was running a special and I got the box free lol. But it's a ported and tuned I believe to 36hz but it was over a year ago and free so I don't really remember.
sounds like a junk prefab ported box. No audio shops sell properly engineered boxes taylored to your vehicle acoustics and subwoofer's parameters, not without charging 400+ for one. That 36 hertz is most likely a lie and the box is most likely too small for the subs to even perform to their fullest potential.

From those dimensions and figuring a decent amount of port displacement. Subs would be lucky to see around 1.2t cubic feet each. Most people have been happy with the r's in 1.9-2.2 cubic feet tuned to 30-32 hz. I had one in a 2.5 cube box tuned to 30 running off 600 and I can't deny that it sounded really good.

You want a big improvement in SQ, ditch the new sub idea (at least for now) and soundproof the doors (if you have not already done this). This will give you the biggest bang for your buck.

I agree, work with what you have. There are a few box builders on here. There are some decent ready made boxes out there. They are not cheap though like the generic prefabs.

Thanks for all the advice, but last night I did some research and called around and everyone is wanting around $350-$400 to build me one. I can afford it, but Jesus I spent half that on the speakers. Makes me want to lean towards new speakers and the have a box made for them because then it would be worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.