Alarm Wiring for 05 Ferrari F360

I think I know what he is talking about. If you are installing a DEI product and you don't have a bit writer then you have to use a transponder which has a copy of the key in it. If the installer did not take the time to properly hide the transponder and alarm brain then all some one has to do is crack open the transponder and take the spare key and drive away with the car.

that is not what this idiot is saying because that actually makes sense....what he is trying to say is that a remote start will assist in a car theft because it will make it easier.....but this of course is assuming the theif has the time to locate and trigger the immobilizer bypass which is extremely unlikly no matter how you look at it defdaboss is an idiot....

that is not what this idiot is saying because that actually makes sense....what he is trying to say is that a remote start will assist in a car theft because it will make it easier.....but this of course is assuming the theif has the time to locate and trigger the immobilizer bypass which is extremely unlikly no matter how you look at it defdaboss is an idiot....
whatever you say boy. if the alarm is blaring out they are not gonna take the time they just gonna grab what they can. but of course if they disable your siren or battery they have all the time to do it. smoke. have sex. drink. sleep for an hour before they do the work under the dash.

worlddre shut the fk up.

whatever you say boy. if the alarm is blaring out they are not gonna take the time they just gonna grab what they can. but of course if they disable your siren or battery they have all the time to do it. smoke. have sex. drink. sleep for an hour before they do the work under the dash.
worlddre shut the fk up.
Even though you're a late entry you get my vote for most retarded new member of '08.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

worlddre shut the fk up.
once again you are forgetting many key points with newer vehicles thus showing your inexperience....steering wheel lock....the fact that they would need to activate the immobilizer bypass to start the car and the fact that in some cases if the disconnect the batt as you suggested they would likely have to reprogram the bypass since the newer bypasses do not require keys to be inserted into them you are wrong and obviously a piss poor installer at best

only thing i have to say about test lights are ehh useful but dependant on what your doing. i use a power probe 3 and i love that **** thing. show voltage, i can shoot neg or pos into ****.

only thing i have to say about test lights are ehh useful but dependant on what your doing. i use a power probe 3 and i love that **** thing. show voltage, i can shoot neg or pos into ****.
I use a test light for what I do, but for car audio install's I feel that it is a big no no. It's a great way to blo an air bag and have to deal with one pissed off coustomer

Well on that note (this was not done with a test light) at a shop I used to work at one of the insatters was doing a rem start on a Honda that had been in a reck and the people who did the body work and all failed to rap the airbag wires in yellow loom. The install looked up the lock and unlock wire colors and did not test them and taped into the airbag wires. He was testing everything out and the remote start worked but when he hit the unlock button the airbags in the car went off. I wish I could have scean the look on his face when that happened.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

are you guys SERIOUS?!!!

im telling you it CAN be done. and your telling me they cant steal a car cuz the steering wheel will be lock!?

that's like saying they cant open the door because the door will be lock. SMASH THE GODDAM WINDOW.

even the older model if they had to hot wire the ignition they still gotta break the lock cylinder. same ****.

what the hell guys im not talkin bout a 5 yrs old car thief im talkin bout an average car thief who done this before. it only takes 2 people to break the lock cylinder to the steering wheel. it can be done with 1 guy if they got muscle.

some of you are saying im a POOR installation at best. my alarm in MY car is EXTREMELY hidden. but at the shop im NOT allow to do any custom alarm installation. the brain must be located under the dash below the steering wheel. the manager/owner do NOT allow me to install alarm anywhere else even if you done this for 20 years. even BEST BUY do not allow it. we can get in trouble for that. about 70% car alarm in the USA is installed under the dash. lighten up im speaking general installation.

steering wheel lock was not the only reason i stated that a remote start will not aid in car theft....read it again and pick out the others genius....

the ability to hide an alarm does not by any means make you a good installer by any means a good start though would be having the ability to install a remote start on a gm car but that is just my opinion others may feel differently. As for alarm hiding what you said was pretty stupid...if a customer requests to have an alarm hidden somewhere other than under the dash it will get done no matter where you work....best buy has not procedures that prohibit this nor does tweeter and to my knowledge nor does circuit city or any shop that i have personally worked for. I will apologize for saying you are piss poor since that was unfair but i will call you arrogant and inexperienced since that is obvious

i hide the brain where ever it is out of the way of being damaged. alot of the new chevys i just shove them behind the fuse panel (cobalt,g6) mine are behind the radios. one of my installer buddies did his under his center console on his colbalt. i like to pull the primary wires from the spool and wire up my conections with like colors on the brain then cut my wires about 2"long off of the brain and wire it all up on the floor and tape and route till it is free of damageing movements and velco that ****er in and call it a day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.