Alarm Wiring for 05 Ferrari F360

test lights present a load in the circuit, back in the day thats was all fine and dandy, with new vehicles that can be a bad thing, probe the wrong wire and you can set of air bags in yo face, can damage databus systems and computers

test lights present a load in the circuit, back in the day thats was all fine and dandy, with new vehicles that can be a bad thing, probe the wrong wire and you can set of air bags in yo face, can damage databus systems and computers
still bs.....today's test light requires less than 21 milliamps @ 12volts and will not harm anything on your car.

now if you are using your dad's old tools, then yes you run a risk of messing things up, but that would be dependent on the lamp you have installed in the tester.

still bs.....today's test light requires less than 21 milliamps @ 12volts and will not harm anything on your car.
now if you are using your dad's old tools, then yes you run a risk of messing things up, but that would be dependent on the lamp you have installed in the tester.
Possibly true but i havent even looked at a test light in like 4 years

But still with dmms being so cheap there is no reason not to use one, esp on a ferrari //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Possibly true but i havent even looked at a test light in like 4 years
But still with dmms being so cheap there is no reason not to use one, esp on a ferrari //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
more than you can afford pal

Ferrari

listen boy.

YOU CAN USE A DMM. that's your choice u could hold the black needle on to something and watch the box while u probe a wire with the red or the other way around.

almost ALL the alarm is going to give you str8 12 VOLT or ground. EXCEPT for the power door lock some of the alarm has a build in ohm resistor allow you to adjust to get ur door lock/unlock to work properly (newer cars).

you can still use a tester light when doing alarm installation you just gotta know where to look for the wires it's pretty simple. but if you unsure what your doing under the dash then i suggest you not install the alarm and look up the ferrari alarm installation diagram of directtech.com

i have some sorta LED type test light that plugs into the cigarette lighter so it has a green led for ground and red for hot...i'll use it sometimes...it also has a reg led light in the tip to help see under the dash......easier than fooling with a multi meter at times

then explain to me how i saw a tech set off an airbag using a test light?

and we're not talking a story here i heard from a guy at work..we're talking my eyes, seeing it happen right in front of me...

then explain to me how i saw a tech set off an airbag using a test light?
and we're not talking a story here i heard from a guy at work..we're talking my eyes, seeing it happen right in front of me...
he must've been lookin for the horn wire and thought it was hidden inside a yellow tube under the steering column.
19.gif

Yeah we use directechs, this one isnt listed. The hard part would be disarming the factory alarm/starter kill which is a pain. Just talked to him today and I get to work on his murcielago too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah we use directechs, this one isnt listed. The hard part would be disarming the factory alarm/starter kill which is a pain. Just talked to him today and I get to work on his murcielago too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
dam im jealous. the most i've install in alarm in was a gt0 6.0.

the worse car i install alarm in was a very old malibu that doesnt come with a door trigger from the factory on any doors BUT the driver. dude actually had us DRILL holes in his car to make a door trigger.

the pontiac grand prix the 2002 . when they first came out some dude hooked it up and ask for an alarm with remote start. i couldnt do it dunno why but it was a mission installin alarm in it the first place. it was getting late and i told him to bring it back tomorrow. this time i had alot of coffee and a buddy to help me out hea. i figure em all out except for the remote start.

i told him str8 up that having a remote start in newer cars isnt a good idea because it helps rookie hot wire the car. the factory transponder are REALLY good alot of rookie or average car thief does not know how to start it without a remote start. he bought it.. wish is also true tho.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.