alarm problem

ajm
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
N/A
I have an older dei alarm or so I think its older but im sure its a dei as the phone number that I can barley read on the back matches theirs. Black remote with 3 green buttons. Lock/unlock, trunk, then a circle button (can get pics). Anyways it came with my truck and worked fine for awhile never had a problem with it every time I accidently opened my door w/o disarming it went off. Then it just so happend that my stereo got stolen from the passanger side which I never really "Tested" it with. It turns out I could arm the alarm, open the door w/o disarming it and nothing would happen until I shut the door then opened it again. Someone said it could be the door pin which seemed reasonable. Now im having the same problem w/ the other door except it doesnt go off at all. I can arm it and open/close the door all day and it wont go off.

Any ideas as to what could be going on? The door pin thing seems reasonable but both of them going out in the last month or so seems kinda odd?

probly an avitol alarm if they glow in the dark.igot one of htose still its a avitol 3300 remote start,still works perfect,what kind of truck you have?year?when you buy the truck,and how long you have it till radio was stole?well this inf owiould help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.